|Trip Duration:||51 Days||Accommodation:||Camping|
|Trek Grade:||Challenging||Activities:||Trekking + Climbing|
|Min. Altitude:||0m./0ft.||Max. Altitude:||8586m./28169ft.|
|Best Time:||Mar-May-Jun||Per day hiking:||Approximately 5-6hrs|
The Kanchenjunga is located in the eastern part of Nepal, on the borderline with Sikkim, India. After Mount Everest and Mount K2, it is the third highest mountain in the world with 8586 meters of elevation.
Number of Glaciers originated from Himalaya have no doubt added to the beauties of this region.
The Sherpas inhabit the northern part of the Kanchenjunga region whereas the southern lower part is full of the ethnic groups such as Rai, Limbu, Magar, Tamang, Brahman and Chhetri.
Kanchenjunga Expedition was forbidden to trekkers before this region was opened in 1988. This mountain is situated on the border of Nepal and Sikkim (a state in India). So particularly, it is not possible to take a circuit of this mountain. It is suggested you to visit the north and south side of the mountain from the Nepal side. Equipped for a high crossing, this trek requires enough time (3 to 4 weeks). A special trekking permit is required to trek in this region for Kanchenjunga Expedition.
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu transfer to hotel
Day 02-03 Rest day at Kathmandu prepared permit
Day 04 Final Preparation for expedition
Day 05 Kathmandu to Biratnagar by flight
Day 06 Biratnagar to Taplejung by flight
Day 07 Taplejung to Mitlung
Day 08 Mitlung to Chirwa
Day 09 Chirwa to Sekhatum
Day 10 Sekhatum to Amjilesa
Day 11 Amjilesa to Gyabla
Day 12 Gyabla to Ghunsa
Day 13 Ghunsa to Khambachen
Day 14 Khambachen to Lhonak
Day 15 Lhonak to Pang Pema
Day 16 Pang Pema to Kanchenjunga Base Camp
Day 17 Rest day at Base Camp for acclimatization
Day 18-37 Climbing period of Kanchenjunga
Day 38 Base Camp to Pang Pema
Day 39 Pang Pema to Lhonak
Day 40 Lhonak to Ghunsa
Day 41 Ghunsa to Selely
Day 42 Selely to Mirgin La to Tseram
Day 43 Mirgin La -Tseram to Oktang-Torotan
Day 44 Oktang -Torotan to Omje Khola
Day 45 Omje Khola to Mamanke
Day 46 Mamanke to Bhanjyang
Day 47 Bhanjyang to Lali Kharka
Day 48 Lali Kharka to Suketar
Day 49 Suketar to Kathmandu by flight
Day 50 Rest day at Kathmandu
Day 51 Departure to your destination
Full Board Service Cost Include:
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Go for Nepal’s representative while arriving and departing.
- Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- All camping equipment in Base camp and Advance Base Camp.
- Food during expedition period for expedition Members and Staff.
- Permit for expedition crew.
- Expedition Permit to climb Kanchenjunga
- All staff during Expedition period with experienced Guide (Base Camp Manager).
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- Cargo clearance & Duties Assistance Service free.
- Daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance for expedition Staff.
- Gamow Bag will be available for expedition group.
- Solar panel for light and batteries charger will be available for expedition members.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the KBC.
- 2 Oxygen Bottles with mask and regulators.(in sharing basis)
- We provide Sherpa’s tents, food for climbing, and insurance.
- High altitude food for Sherpa and member.
- All Necessary camping equipment like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents,
- Per person 30 kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter and 20 kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the Mountain.
- Required Experienced, Trained and Government Licensed Climbing Guide(s) during Climbing
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary).
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Our service Charges.
Full Board Service Cost Exclude:
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner).
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses.
- Sleeping Bag, Climbing Plastic Boots, Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival) and re entry visa fee.
- Ice fall Garbage Deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable. Wake talkies & Filming permit.
- Personal climbing gears.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” Section.