|Trip Duration:||12 days||Max. Altitude:||4561 m|
|Trek Grade:||Moderate||Activities:||Trekking and Cultural excursion, Pilgrims Tour, Heritage rail|
|Accommodation:||Tea House/Home stay/Camping (it is needed to take a tent)||Meals:||Full board meal during the trek and climbing|
|Transportation:||Drive and Fly||Departure from:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Group Size:||2 people minimum||Best Time:||Mar to Jun, Sep to Dec|
|Per day hiking:||5 to 8 hours|
The Dudhkunda Cultural Trek takes us to the Solukhumbhu district of Sagarmatha zone. Dudh Kunda is a holy mountain lake. It is situated at the base of Numbur Himal. Dudh Kunda literally means ‘lake of milk”. The Dudh Kunda trek is a popular one in the Solu region. The trek also combines some cultural tour around the villages that come in the trail. The major ethnic people living in those villages are the Sherpa and Rai people. During the month of August, huge numbers of devotees come to Dudh Kunda to take a dip in the lake. It is believed that taking a dip in the lake will fulfill one’s wishes. Huge numbers of Hindu and Buddhist devotees perform rituals in the lake during the festive season. Tales also state that the lake is an abode of Lord Shiva.
Apart from the lake, other things like the Buddhist monasteries, rhododendron forests and the wildlife are also enjoyable during the trek.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu (1,320m)
Day 02: Kathmandu – Nagarkot (2,099m)
Day 03: Kathmandu – Phaplu (2,469m) – Salleri (2,390m)
Day 04: Salleri – Junbesi (2,700m)
Day 05: Junbesi – Thuptenchholing (2,920m)- Shengeephuk
Day 06: Shengeephuk – Basa Khola – Beni (approximately 4,000m)
Day 07: Beni – Dudhkunda (4,561m)
Day 08: Dudhkunda – Taksindu/ Ringmo (3,060m)
Day 09: Takshindu (3,060m)
Day 10: Taksindu – Phaplu (2,469m)
Day 11: Phaplu – Kathmandu
Day 12: Departure
- Airport Pickup and Drop by private Transport
- Welcome & Farwell Dinner
- All the ground Transportation by tourist bus
- Hotel in Kathmandu at 3 star or 4 star hotel with Breakfast
- Trekking in lodges with Bed Lunch and Breakfast (Lodges are Simple but clean enough and has a hot and cold shower)
- Everest National Park fee with TIMS (Trekking management information system) we need two photograph each for permit.
- An experience Trekking guide (trained by Ministry of tourism), one porter between every two person and their meal/accommodation/transportation/salary/insurance/equipments.
- Domestic Airfare (Kathmandu to Lukla, Lukla to Kathmandu and domestic airport tax)
- One porter between every 2 clients and their meals/accommodation/transportation/salary/insurance and their equipments are included in price
- Trekking map for Everest Trekking
- Personal bar bill, travel insurance/International airfare/Domestic airfare.
- Items of personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, tip etc.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue) – Available at Nepalese Embassies and
- Nepalese Consulates abroad or on arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing tour and all the entrance fees of temple in Kathmandu valley.
- Lunch and Dinner while at Kathmandu ( Allow Rs 1500.00 per person per day for your meals and drinks)