|Trip Duration:||9 days||Max. Altitude:||3500m|
|Starts at:||Kathmandu||Ends at:||Kathmandu|
|Himalayan Sights:||Langtang, Langtang Lirung, Gosainkunda etc.||Attractions:||Close Mountain View, Villages|
The Helambu village trek is suitable for those willing to trek near Kathmandu Valley. Helambu is located at a near distance of only thirty kilometres from Kathmandu.
Helambu is a setting of natural beauty like green valleys and rhododendron forests and also a mixture of Hindu and Buddhist (Tibetan) cultures. Hyolmo and Helum are the local people of Helambu. There are several Tamang and Sherpa villages in Helambu. We get a chance to see the typical glimpse of life of Nepalese villages in the villages of Helambu. The hospitality of both Tamang and Sherpa people is heart warming. Sweet apple is the charm of Helambu.
This short nine days trek starts from Sundarijal and ends at Melamchi. The name of the place, Sundarijal was named after Goddess Sundarimai. Sundarijal is just fifteen kilometres away from Kathmandu. Sundarijal is also a part of the Shivapuri National Park.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu – 1,300m/4,264 ft
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing & Preparation for the Trek
Day 03: Drive to Sundarijal & trek to Chisapani (2300m/7544 ft): Drive 1 hour, Trek: 4 hours
Day 04: Trek from Chisopani to Kutumsang (2446m/8022ft): 7 hours
Day 05: Trek from Kutumsang to Thadepati (3650m/11972ft): 6 hours
Day 06: Trek to Tarkeghyang (2560m/8397ft): 6 hours
Day 07: Trek to Sermathang (2,610m/8,563ft): 3/4 hr
Day 08: Trek to Malemchi Puul Bazaar: Drive to Kathmandu: 3/4 hrs trek/ 2 hr drive
Day 09: Farewell Friend
- Arrival & departures transfers by private vehicle
- Accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3 or 4 star hotel as per itinerary
- Domestic transfers by private vehicle as per the itinerary
- All accommodation during trek (tea house/local lodge)
- All meals during trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- English-speaking local guide & porters during trek
- Respective regional trekking maps.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) fee
- Nepal visa fee
- Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- International flight & departure taxes
- Lunch & dinner during hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Personal equipment/gear & clothing (can be hired in Kathmandu)
- Cost incurred due to emergency evacuation
- Any expenses of a personal nature (telephone bills, table drinks, snacks, laundry bills, hot shower etc)
- Tips & gratuities