|Trip Duration:||15 days||Max. Altitude:||4380m|
|Trek Grade:||Moderate- Difficult||Accommodation:||Teahouse|
|Starts at:||Kathmandu||Ends at:||Kathmandu|
|Himalayan Sights:||Langtang, Langtang Lirung, Gosainkunda etc.||Attractions:||Close Mountain View, Villages|
The Langtang Gosaikunda Trek arranged by Go For Nepal will take us near the Nepal- Tibet border. The Gosainkunda Lake is located in the Lantang National Park. These places are the attractions of the Rasuwa District of Nepal. The Gosainkunda Lake holds much religious importance to the Hindus. The Lake is situated 43 kilometers away from Kathmandu.
During the month of August, large numbers of devotees visit Gosainkunda Lake. Followers of Hinduism believe that the Lake is an abode of Lord Shiva and Goddess Gauri. The festival affiliated with Gosainkunda Lake is the Hindu festival- Janai Purnima.
Langtang is a setting of the Rhododendron forests and several snow-capped mountains. Lantang Lirung is the major peak of Langtang whereas Yala Peak, Naya Kanga, Gangchhenpo and Dorje Lhakpa are the secondary ones.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters). Hotel
Day 02: City guided tour in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Syabru Bensi (1462m/4795ft) (6:30 hours)
Day 04: Syabru Bensi to Lama Hotel (2510m/8232ft)
Day 05: Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3307m10846f).
Day 06: Langtang village to Chorka ri Ri (5050m/ 16564ft) and back to Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 07: Back down to Lama Hotel
Day 08: Lama Hotel to Thulo Sybru Village (2210m7248ft)
Day 09: Sybru Village to Sing Gompa (3210m/10528ft)
Day 10: Sing Gompa to Gosaikunda (4380m14366ft)
Day 11: Gosaikunda to Gopte (3440m/11283f)
Day 12: Ghopte to Kutung sang (2621m/8596ft)
Day 13: Kutung sang to Chisopani (2194m/7196ft)
Day 14: Chisopani to Kathmandu via Sundari jal.
Day 15: Departure
- Langtang National Park permit
- All land transportation by bus
- One Guide (experienced and registered, inc. insurance, salary and all food and accommodation)
- Accommodation in tea houses
- 3 Meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Equipment (sleeping bag and down jacket)
- All taxes and Company service charge
- 3 nights 3 or 4 stars hotel in Kathmandu.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis
- Bar and beverage bills, tea, coffee, bottled water, desserts, personal expenses, personal cloths.
- Personal insurance for health and evacuation and tipping.
- Entrance fees for Kathmandu sightseeing.