|Trip Duration:||10 days||Max. Altitude:||3870m|
|Starts at:||Kathmandu||Ends at:||Kathmandu|
|Himalayan Sights:||Langtang, Langtang Lirung, Gosainkunda etc.||Attractions:||Close Mountain View, Villages|
The Langtang Valley Trek is not in much distance from the Kathmandu valley. It lies in the north of Kathmandu and close to the Nepal- Tibet border. The major peak of the Langtang region is Langtang Lirung. Along with the Langtang Lirung some other peaks like Gang Chhenpo and Dorje Lhakpa also add to the beauty of Langtang.
The Tamang ethinic people are the locals of Langtang region. The hospitality shown by the Tamang people make the environment of Langtang Valley Trek more enjoyable. In the main village of Langtang, we will get a chance to see the Tamang lifestyle, their rituals, customs, stone built houses and also wooden carvings.
The Kyanjin Gomba and Gosainkunda Lake are also situated in Langtang. The Kyanjin Gompa is situated in the Lantang National Park. The Gosainkunda Lake which is of much importance to the followers of Hinduism is one of the major reasons for tourism in Langtang. Gosainkunda is believed to be the home of Lord Shiva. Large numbers of devotees come to Gosainkunda Lake on the occasion of Janai Purnima. The Ganesh Himal, Manaslu and Himal Chuli are visible from the Gosainkunda area.
The Langtang National Park is also situated in Langtang. In the national park we can experience the Himalayan ecology.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu – 1,300m/4,264 ft
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing & Preparation for the Trek
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi (1,550m/5,100ft): 145 km/ 7 hrs
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2,380m/7,830ft): 6 hrs
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village (3,430m/11,253ft): 6/7 hr
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3,870m/12,697ft): 3-1/2 hr
Day 07: Visit to Tserko Ri and trek back to Lama Hotel: 5/6 hrs
Day 08: Trek back to Syabrubesi: 5 hrs
Day 09: Transfer to KTM
Day 10: Farewell Friend
- Private transport to and from Tribhuvan International Airport.
- 3 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu on BB.
- A full day guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- All transport during the trek.
- Trekking guide and required porters.
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during trekking.
- Tea and coffee three times a day.
- Tea house and hotel accommodation on the way.
- All necessary paper work and necessary permits (Langtang national park permit fee, TIMS).
- First aid medical kit
- All applicable taxes and service charge.
- Guide/porters: food, lodge, salary, transport, insurance, equipment, etc.
- Lunch and Dinner at Kathmandu
- Nepali Visa fees.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Hard and soft table drinks such as, coke, fanta, mineral water. Hot shower, desert etc.
- Insurance of any kinds
- Rescue operation charge
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Tips for supporting staff and etc