|Trip Duration:||21 days||Max. Altitude:||5213m|
|Trek Grade:||Moderate to Strenuous||Activities:||Trekking, Tour|
|Accommodation:||Best available accommodation on the trek||Meals:||Breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea or coffee in each meal|
|Transportation:||Car / Van / jeep or local transportation||Departure from:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Group Size:||2 – 14 people||Best Time:||March to May, Oct, Nov|
|Per day hiking:||6 to 8 hours|
The Tsum Valley is a Himalayan pilgrimage valley that lies in the North of Gorkha District. The snow-capped Ganesh Himal, Buddha, Himal Chuli and Sringi Himal surround the Tsum valley. The name Tsum was derived from a Tibetan word ‘Tsombo’. Tsombo means vivid in Tibetan language. Until 2008, Tsum valley was a restricted area. The valley was opened in 2008 for trekking. The residents of Tsum valley are named Tsumbas. The Tsumbas are from Tibetan origin and have much faith in Buddhism. A Buddhist saint Milarewa is believed to have meditated in a cave of Tsum valley in the 11th century. The cave is now called Milarewa Cave. So, the valley is itself believed to be a scared one with long Buddhist history. Chumchet and Chhekampar are the two villages of the Tsum valley. Chhekampar is the upper part of Tsum valley whereas Chumchet is the lower part of Tsum valley. Even today, we can clearly see that the valley is much detached from rest of the country and is compelled to maintain distance from any kind of development. Go For Nepal will assist you in the 21days trek to Tsum valley.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / airport transportation / hotel accommodation
Day 02: Cultural tour in KTM / TSUM valley trek briefing
Day 03: Private vehicle drive to Arughat to start the Tsum valley trekking / stay at tented camp
Day 04: Trek to Soti Khola
Day 05: Trekking to Maccha Kola
Day 06: Trek to Doban
Day 07: Trek to Philim
Day 08: Trek to Chumling
Day 09: Trek to Chhokengparo
Day 10: Trek to Chule / visit the MILARAPA PIREN CAVE on the way
Day 11: Trek to MU GOMPA & visit MU & DHEPHYDONMA GOMPAS
Day 12: Exploration day
Day 13: Trek to ROCHEN GOMPA visiting GONHGYE GOMPA on the way
Day 14: Trek to Dumje
Day 15: Trek to Philip
Day 16: Trek to Tatopani
Day 17: Trek to Soti Khola
Day 18: Trek back to Aarughat
Day 19: Drive back to Kathmandu / stay at hotel
Day 20: Rest day in Kathmandu
Day 21: Tsum valley trekking ends / airport transfer
- Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share BB basis for the night’s as in itinerary.
- Board meals while on camping trek to TSUM valley.
- Accommodation on 2 men tented camp.
- Welcome dinner with ethno-cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour as listed in itinerary.
- Tsum valley trekking map.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and end points of the trek
- All camping equipment including the member, staff and kitchen tent.
- Free use of quality trekking gear – sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, insulated mat, sleeping pillow, down jacket, duffel bag etc during the trip.
- Professional local trekking group leader trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Portable Altitude Chamber / Gamow Bag (A life saving device in case of Acute Mountain Sickness) along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Trekking Cook, guides and other support staff.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and other required trekking gear for porters
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers.
- Trekking Permit, national park / conservation entry fees.
- Nepal entry Visa fees and Travel Insurance of any kind
- International Airfare
- Drinks and main meals in cities
- Tips and items of a personal nature like