Everest Base Camp Trek is an adventurous journey in the eastern part of Nepal, Khumbu region. EBC Trek will take you to the lap of world's highest mountain, Mt. Everest (8,848 m) from where you can see heart whelming view of the Himalayan landscape. Everest Base Camp is a dream destination of every travel enthusiast out there. Every year, hundreds of thousands of travelers visit this place to see the compelling charm of the Himalayas. From rich culture to breathtaking views, Everest Base Camp Trekking has everything. It is the most go trekking in the Khumbu region. On Everest Base Camp Trek 13-days, you will get an opportunity to forget the daily hustle of your life and immerse yourself in the wonders of this Himalayan region and make life long memories.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites situated in the Kathmandu valley.
- Thrilling flight to Lukla.
- Walk along the banks of the beautiful Dudh Koshi river through Sagarmatha National Park and reach Namche Bazar.
- Experience rich culture and tradition of Sherpas.
- Visit Tengboche monastery, the oldest & biggest monastery of Khumbu region.
- Walking past the memorial in Gorakshep.
- Explore the Everest Base Camp.
- Hike to Kala Patthar vantage point.
- Witness irresistible beauty of the Himalayan landscape.
- Observe surreal views of snowy mountains like Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Bruntse, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Kongde, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku, etc.
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel.
Day 02Fly to Lukla (2,850 m) and trek to Phakding (2,660 m).
Day 03Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,235 m).
Day 04Acclimatization and rest at Namche.
Day 05Trek to Tengboche (3,890 m).
Day 06Trek to Dingboche (4,910 m).
Day 07Trek to Lobuche (4,910 m).
Day 08Trek to Gorakshep (5,180 m) and Everest Base Camp (5,380 m) and back to Gorak Shep.
Day 09Trek to Kalapathar (5,545 m) and Pheriche (4,320 m).
Day 10Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,435 m).
Day 11Trek back to Phakding and Lukla (2,850 m).
Day 12Fly back to Kathmandu (30 - 35 min).
Day 13Final Departure.
What to Expect
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Three nights’ standard twin sharing accommodation in a three star level hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included. (2 nights)
- All your standard Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) one item menu with one cup tea/coffee per day.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek
- Government Licensed Holder friendly English speaking guide
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests)
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, and medicine for all staff.
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with on the second last day.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Official expenses.
- Air travel to/from Nepal.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Soft/hard drinks, laundry, postage, telephone bills, all items of personal nature.
- Personal clothing, insurance against accidental, medical and emergency rescue evacuations.
- Respective expenses if one returns earlier from the trip due to sickness or emergency purpose.
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
- Travel Insurance.
- Emergency helicopter rescue evacuation arrangements will be covered by travel insurance.
- Guide Potter Tips.
PRICES & DATES
|07 Dec, 2019 - 19 Dec, 2019||Guaranteed||US$1319|
|11 Dec, 2019 - 23 Dec, 2019||Guaranteed||US$1319|
|17 Dec, 2019 - 29 Dec, 2019||Guaranteed||US$1319|
|19 Dec, 2019 - 31 Dec, 2019||Guaranteed||US$1319|
|23 Dec, 2019 - 04 Jan, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1319|
|28 Dec, 2019 - 09 Jan, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1319|
Everest Base Camp Trek will offer you outstanding beauty of the Himalayan scenery, beautiful rivers, streams, picturesque villages, moraines, huge glaciers, dense forests of rhododendron, fir, and conifer along with panoramic views of Mt. Ama Dablam (6,812 m), Mt. Nuptse (7,861 m), Mt. Thamserku (6,623 m), Lobuche East (6,119 m), Lobuche West ( 4,940 m), Taboche Peak (6,501 m), Mt. Kangtega (6,782 m), Khumbutse (6,665 m), Pumori (7,161 m), and numerous other mountains. The divine beauty and irresistible aroma of this region will help you find inner peace and your inner self.
Everest Base Camp Trek landmark
Lukla airport is considered one of the most dangerous airports in the world. A thrilling flight from Kathmandu will take you to Lukla, the starting point of Everest Base Camp Trek.
Namche Bazar is the most popular tourist hub of the Khumbu region. This is also the main and the biggest residence area of Sherpas. Similarly, in Namche Bazar, you will find most of the facilities like WiFi, nice cafes & restaurants, luxury lodges, etc.
Located in the Tengboche village, Tengboche monastery is the largest and the oldest monastery in the Khumbu region. In the monastery, you will get to see ancient sculptures, paintings, antique pieces, and manuscripts.
Located at 5,180 meters, Gorak Shep is the original base camp of Mt. Everest. Later, the base camp got moved to 5,364 meters where it is located right now. These days, trekkers pass by Gorak Shep to reach Everest Base Camp. After exploring the base camp, they drop down to Gorka Shep for night stay.
Everest Base Camp:
Everest Base Camp will present you a panoramic view of Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Baruntse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Kongde, Lobuche Peak, Mt. Ama Dablam, etc. Likewise, you will also see a stunning view of Khub Icefall and other huge glaciers, moraines, and glacial lakes.
Kala Patthar is the most popular viewpoint in the Everest region. From the top of the Kala Patthar, you will get to observe a 360-degree view of Everest. You will also get to see a jaw-dropping landscape view from here.
Everest Base Camp Trek will present you the ancient and rich culture and tradition of people from the Sherpa community. People here mostly follows Buddhism. During the trek, you will pass by many monasteries, chortens, gumba, and mani stones that will showcase you the cultural copiousness of the region. Similarly, you will stay overnight in several villages during the trek, which will give you a chance to socialize with locals and take a deep look into their unique lifestyle, beliefs, and values.
Khumbu region is mostly dominated by Sherpa people known as the great climbers. Besides them, you will also see Rais, Limbus, Sunwars, Manangis, and Lopas also lives in the Khumbu region. Every community has a distinct culture, major festivals, languages, dress, and delicacies.
Everest region is extremely rich in vegetation. The region has numerous species of flora including the most endangered herbal plants like yarsagumba. Likewise, this place is also home to various wildlife like snow leopards, red panda, wild bears, etc. The EBC Trekking trail goes through Sagarmatha National Park, which is also part of UNESCO Natural World Heritage Sites. Besides, this the trail includes many forests of rhododendron, pine, fir, maple, cedar, juniper, etc. The vegetation ranges from subalpine to alpine zone.
Everest Base Camp Trek difficulty:
Everest Base Camp Trek is a moderate trek in the Everest region. The trail includes many ascends & descend on steep, rugged, and rocky path. You will trek through dense forests crossing several streams and rivers, which also makes the trail tiring. Similarly, on average, you will walk for around 6 to 7 hours a day as well. All of these demands strong stamina, high strength, and good health.For trekking experience, anyone can go on this trek until they are physically fit means prior trekking experience is not necessary. However, make sure to go on a few short hikes before the commencement of the trip.
Altitude Sickness and Prevention:
Everest Base Camp Trek 13-days is a high altitude journey that means there is a risk of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) or altitude sickness. Every day elevation will rise making the air thinner and thinner, that welcomes frequent fatigue and altitude sickness. However, with enough rest days in between the trekking period and proper guidance, one can easily complete this trek.
The best thing to do to avoid altitude sickness is by keeping yourself hydrated. Drink plenty of water and other liquids during the trek. Similarly, carry medicines like Diamox or others to use in case of altitude sickness. If you feel difficulty in breathing inform your guide right away so that he can take proper measures on time.
Transportation and Bag Pack:
Everest Base Camp Trekking begins with an exciting flight to Lukla from Kathmandu. From Lukla, you will begin trekking towards Everest Base Camp gradually through villages like Phakding, Namche Bazar, Tengboche, Dingboche, and Lobuche.
Below is the list of things that you should carry during EBC Trek:
- T-shirts and Pants (Innerwear).
- Thermal Wears.
- Breathable Underwears.
- Trekking Pants/Shoes/Socks.
- Insulating Jacket.
- Rain jacket.
- Warm woolen Gloves.
- Sun hat/woolen hat.
- Sleeping bag.
- Trekking Pole.
- First aid kit.
- Toiletries (toilet paper, hand sanitizer, sunblock, towel, soap, shampoo, sanitary napkins, etc).
- Miscellaneous (camera, extra batteries, journal, cards, bars, snacks, water purification tablets, etc).
Food and Accommodation during Everest Base Camp Trek:
Everest Base Camp Trek has developed rapidly over the years resulting in the opening of many lodges and guesthouses. Generally, the rooms are small and on a twin-sharing basis. You can find a comfortable bed and hot shower along with common bathrooms. Moreover, you can also find WiFi facility in many places, but the network is not strong enough. Foods like dal bhat tarkari and Tibetan cuisine can be found everywhere. Food like momo, chowmin, thukpa, pizza, sandwich, bread, bars, tea, coffee, and other beverages can also be found in some places.
In the major cities, you will be staying mostly at either a 3-star hotel or a 5-star hotel as per your budget. These hotels have their own restaurants, which means that you don’t have to worry about eating elsewhere. You can also explore around and dine in numerous restaurants & cafes that are available out there.
Best Season to go on Everest Base Camp Trek:
Spring (March to April) and Autumn (late September to November) is considered the best time to go on Everest Base Camp Trekking. This is the best time of the year to travel in this region of Nepal as the views clear and wonderful. Moreover, the weather is neither too cold nor too hot, perfect to traverse.
Everest Base Camp Trek Cost:
Everest Base Camp Trek Cost varies with the company you are traveling with. EBC Trek ranges from budget-friendly to luxurious as per the facilities you will be receiving during the trek. We, Go For Nepal Treks & Expedition runs a wide range of Everest Base Camp Treks that surely will fit everyone's needs. With us, you will find the most affordable cost for this trek as well as the most expensive ones.
- Make sure to carry insect repellents and table salts.
- Collect enough information on the weather and temperature.
- Get yourself a nice map.
- Maintain body hydration- drink plenty of water daily.
- Walk slow and safely.
- Carry hand cash as there will be no atm on the way.
- Pack light.
- Do not get obsessed over network and internet; spend time in nature.