Annapurna Tilicho Trek will take you to the highest lake of Nepal located at 4,919 meters. Tilicho Lake is one of the most alluring destinations in Nepal. Located in Manang District of Nepal in the Annapurna range, Tilicho Lake is the jewel of the region. The beautiful turquoise color of the lake surrounded by snow-covered Himalayan mountains like Tilicho Peak, Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Khangsar, etc presents heart whelming view, not like anywhere else. Combining Annapurna Trek with Tilicho Lake creates one of the most fascinating treks in the Annapurna region. We, Go For Nepal Treks & Expedition have specially designed this Annapurna Tilicho Trekking package to offer you one of the best trips in the Annapurna region.
- Trek through picturesque villages of Chame, Lower Pisang, and Manang.
- Visit the largest monastery of Manang district, Braga monastery.
- Experience rich culture, tradition, and lifestyle of the locals.
- Explore beautiful Tilicho Lake.
- Cross challenging Thorong La Pass.
- Get to observe the gorgeous landscape.
- Visit Muktinath Temple.
- Explore beautiful Ghandruk and Ghorepani villages.
- Get to see gorgeous sunrise from Poon Hill.
- Witness panoramic views of Annapurna range, Tilicho Peak, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Machhapuchhre, Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Ganggpurna, etc.
Day 01Drive from Kathmandu to Beshisahar; 7 hrs.
Day 02Trek to Chame; 6-7 hrs.
Day 03Trek to Upper Pisang; 4 hrs.
Day 04Trek to Manang; 6-7 hrs.
Day 05Rest day at Manang.
Day 06Trek to Khangsar; 5 hrs.
Day 07Trek to Tilicho Base Camp; 3 hrs.
Day 08Rest day at Tilicho Base Camp.
Day 09Trek to Yak Kharka; 7 hrs
Day 10Trek to Phedi; 4 hrs.
Day 11Trek to Muktinath crossing Thorong La Pass; 10 hrs.
Day 12Trek to Tatopani; 6 hrs.
Day 13Trek to Ghorepani; 7 hrs.
Day 14Trek to Poonhill, descend to Nayapul, and drive to Pokhara; 7 hrs.
Day 15Drive back to Kathmandu; 7-8 hrs.
What to Expect
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in the hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- All your standard Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners)one-item menu.
- Tea house accommodation during the trek (shared room).
- Licensed English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, and medicine for all staff.
- Annapurna Conservation Area permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Jomsom to Pokhara drive by bus
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali Restaurant on the second last day.
- Duffel bag during the trek (should be returned to us)
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Rescue service arrangement only (covered by your travel insurance)
- All government taxes and official expenses.
- Optional (Available on extra cost)
- Jomsom to Pokhara flight
- Pokhara to Kathmandu flight
- Nepal Visa.
- Air travel to/from Nepal.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Soft/hard drinks, laundry, postage, telephone bills, all items of personal nature.
- Personal clothing, insurance against accidental, medical and emergency rescue evacuations.
- Respective expenses if one returns earlier from the trip due to sickness or emergency purpose.
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
- Travel Insurance.
PRICES & DATES
|09 Dec, 2019 - 23 Dec, 2019||Guaranteed||US$1199|
|12 Dec, 2019 - 26 Dec, 2019||Guaranteed||US$1199|
|15 Dec, 2019 - 29 Dec, 2019||Guaranteed||US$1199|
|18 Dec, 2019 - 01 Jan, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1199|
|21 Dec, 2019 - 04 Jan, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1199|
|24 Dec, 2019 - 07 Jan, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1199|
|27 Dec, 2019 - 10 Jan, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1199|
|30 Dec, 2019 - 13 Jan, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1199|
Annapurna Tilicho Lake Trek is more than a tempting beauty of nature. The trek also presents you the rich culture and tradition of the region. Annapurna Tilicho Trek is an absolute blend of natural attraction and isolation with a touch of the rich culture that makes it an ideal journey for anyone looking for solitary. During the trek, you will get to witness stunning views of Pisang Peak, Annapurna Range (8,091 m), Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167 m), Mt. Nilgiri (7,061 m), Tilicho Peak (7,134 m), Mt. Machhapuchhre (6,993 m), Gangapurna (7,455 m), and many other mountains.
Annapurna Tilicho Trek landmark
Manang is one of the most famous places in Nepal. It is a beautiful secluded village where you can see breath-taking landscape views. There are so many things to explore and do in this village-like you can go on a short hike to Bhojo Gumba or Gangapurna Lake.
Tilicho Lake is one of the most gorgeous lakes in Nepal situated at 4,919 meters. The lake is made from the melting of glacial from the northern slope of Mt. Annapurna. This lake also has holy importance for Hindus and is one of the pilgrimage sites of Nepal.
Thorong La Pass
Located at 5,440 meters, Thorong La Pass is the highest point of Annapurna Tilicho Trek. To reach the top of the pass, you have to ascend on the steep rugged trail that is challenging. From the top of the pass, you can see the most gorgeous views of the surrounding.
Muktinath temple is one of the pilgrimage sites of Hindus. Every year hundreds of pilgrims visit this temple to worship. The temple boat thousands of year old tradition and history.
Hot Spring at Tatopani
After your successful trek to Tilicho Lake, you will descend to Jhinu Danda via Bamboo village. At Jhinu Danda, you will find natural hot spring where you can take a long relaxing bath and clear you thought and soul.
Ghorepani is a beautiful village surrounded by lovely rhododendron forests and mountains. This village will present you the rich culture and tradition of Gurung people, their daily lifestyle, and unique houses. This village is also one of the main highlights of Ghorepani Poonhill Trek.
Poon Hill Viewpoint
Poonhill is the main highlight of this trek. It is a very famous vantage point of Annapurna region from where you will get to see one of the most captivating sunrises of your life along with views of western Himalayas. From Ghorepani village, it will take around one and a half hours to reach Poonhill.
You will get to witness the culture of the Thakali people in these silent parts of the Annapurna region. Walk across the ancient settlements in villages like Manang and Phedi, where you can see traces of Tibetan culture. The journey takes you to Muktinath which is a major pilgrimage for Buddhists and Hindus. The trails in the trek are decorated with chortens and gumba that add a certain bit of spirituality to this trek.
During Annapurna Tilicho Trekking, you will pass by villages resided by Brahmans and Chhetris in lower elevation. Likewise, in high elevation, people from Gurung and Magar communities live. You will get to learn and experience their ancient tradition, culture, and lifestyle.
Annapurna region is extremely rich in vegetation. The region includes a diverse range of forests from sub-tropical low land to dry alpine environment. Annapurna region is home to many rare and outstanding species of flora and fauna. During the Annapurna Tilicho Trek, you will trek through several dense forests of rhododendron, bamboo, pine, oak, etc. On the way, you will also see pasture lands and terraced fields. The trail also passes by Annapurna Sanctuary where you can come across wildlife. Similarly, you will reach Tilicho Lake from where you will get to see the heavenly view of nature.
Annapurna Tilicho Trek difficulty
The Annapurna Tilicho trek is a comparatively difficult trek, which involves lots of walking and that too through steep & landslide-prone paths. This trail commands you to walk for at least 5 to 6 hours a day, and the combination of snow and strong winds may take its toll on you. Before making the trek, make sure that you have the required level of stamina and willpower to complete this trek.
Altitude Sickness and Prevention
This trek will take you around 5,000 meters, which is a very high altitude. And, the high altitude trekking always brings chances of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) with it. It is a common illness that occurs during high elevation trekking and can be avoided by adding rest days in between the trek. Also, keep yourself hydrated can decrease the chances of AMS.
Transportation and Bag Pack
With a long scenic drive from Kathmandu, you will reach Beshisahar, the starting point of the trek. From here, you will pass by beautiful villages and trek up to the Tilicho Base Camp. Further, you will descend to Muktinath Temple crossing challenging Thorong La Pass and drop down to Nayapul. Leaving Nayapul behind, you will drive back to Pokhara and then to Kathmandu.
Here is the list of things you should carry during the Annapurna Tilicho Trek:
- T-shirts and Pants (Innerwear)
- Thermal Wears
- Lightweight woolen jumper/sweater
- Down jacket or down vest
- Fleece or wool trousers
- Breathable Underwears
- Trekking Pants/Shoes/Socks
- Casual Sandals
- Insulating Jacket
- Rain jacket
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking Pole
- Toiletries (sunscreen, Multipurpose Soap, Shampoo, Hand sanitizer, Toilet Paper, Sanitary pads, Lip guard, moisturizers, etc)
- Miscellaneous (Binoculars, eye mask, camera, extra batteries, journal, cards, bars, snacks, water purification tablets, etc)
- Documents (passport, visa, travel insurance, voucher, passport-sized photos)
Food and Accommodation during Annapurna Tilicho Trek
During your time in the Annapurna Tilicho trek, you will be spending your time in one of the teahouses and lodges present on the trail. There are no fancy lodges here, so you need to suffice with the local teahouses. However, in the main cities like Kathmandu and Pokhara, you can reside in quality hotels. Your budget will be a major determining factor.
In the trail, you’ll mostly dine on dal bhat whereas, in the city, you can choose from a variety of cuisines. While on the trail, these lavish hotels won’t be available. You will have to make do with simple lodges and teahouses. In terms of food, you won’t eat anything fancy while you are trekking. However, dishes like noodles, momo, rice, curries, flatbread, thukpa, and egg will be available.
Best time to go on Annapurna Tilicho Trek
The best time to go on Annapurna Tilicho Trek is during Spring and Autumn. Early March to April and October to mid-December falls under this season. The monsoon rain clears the weather and provides a surreal view of the Himalayan ranges. The trails aren’t slippery and the most important fact, the temperature is neither too cold nor too hot.
Annapurna Tilicho Trek cost
Annapurna Tilicho Trek depends on the travel agency you are traveling with. The cost can be budget-friendly too expensive as per your requirements. Usually, the trek cost includes all ground transportation as per itinerary, permits, accommodation, meals, guide, and porters. However, things like travel insurance, visa fees, trekking equipment, personal expenses, tips are not included in the cost. You can check our cost includes and excludes section for detailed information.
- Carry insect repellents and table salts
- Collect adequate information on the weather and temperature
- Get yourself a good map
- Pack light
- Maintain body hydration
- Walk slow
- Carry hand cash
- Do not get obsessed over network and internet