EBC with Island Peak Climbing is a perfect package for someone looking for extra challenge and adventure in the Khumbu region. Following the usual itinerary, you will reach the Everest Base Camp and move towards Island Peak Base Camp. Island Peak is also known as Imja Tse is one of the main climbing peaks of the Khumbu region. The striking location of the peak and the view of peak like an island in the middle of the sea has drawn Shipton to scale this mountain. We, Go For Nepal Treks & Expedition has made EBC with Island Peak Climbing 19-days present you an excellent opportunity to explore the other corners of Khumbu region touched by the only a handful of travelers.
- Thrilling flight to Lukla.
- Get to experience ancient culture and tradition of Sherpas.
- Trek through the wild ambiance in the Sagarmatha National Park.
- Explore Namche Bazar.
- Explore the Everest Base Camp.
- Hike to Kala Patthar for wonderful sunrise.
- Reach the summit of Island Peak.
- Witness irresistible beauty of the Himalayan landscape.
- Observe surreal views of snowy mountains like Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Bruntse, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Kongde, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku, etc.
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu via respective airlines.
Day 02Fly to Lukla (2,820 m) and walk to Phakding (2,640 m); 4 hrs.
Day 03Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m); 5 hrs.
Day 04Rest day at Namche for acclimatization and local hike.
Day 05Trek to Thyangboche Monastery (3,867 m); 5 hrs.
Day 06Trek to Pheriche (4,240 m); 5 hrs.
Day 07Trek to Lobuche (4,930 m); 5 hrs.
Day 08Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,364 m) and return to Gorakshep (5,180 m); 6 hrs.
Day 09Hike to Kalapathar (5,545 m) trek to Chhukung (4,730 m) via Dingboche (4,360 m); 6 hrs.
Day 10Trek to Island Peak Base Camp (4,970 m); 4 hrs.
Day 11Trek Island Peak High Camp (5,400 m); 4 hrs.
Day 12Climb to the Summit of Island Peak; 6 hrs.
Day 13Reserve and contingency days in case of bad weather.
Day 14Trek to Pangboche (3,985 m); 6 hrs.
Day 15Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m); 6 hrs.
Day 16Trek to Lukla; 4 hrs.
Day 17Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
Day 18Free day in Kathmandu with an optional sightseeing tour.
Day 19Transfer to International Airport for flight homeward bound.
What to Expect
- Airport pickups and drops.
- Accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Climbing peak permit & other necessary permits (Sagarmatha National Park Permit, TIMS and Climbing Permit).
- A professional English speaking trained trekking guide and a climbing guide.
- Daily wages, insurance, cloth, food, the shelter of staff and porters.
- Internal Flight Tickets (Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu).
- Tea House accommodation during the trek.
- Tent/camping accommodation during the climb.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during trek and climb.
- Complete camping equipment.
- Transport of all food supply & equipment from the trip starting point to the ending point as per itinerary.
- Duffel bag to keep your things.
- Good quality tents and kitchen equipment for camping.
- Farewell dinner.
- First Aid Medical Kit box.
- Trekking Map.
- Rescue arrangement only (must cover by your travel and rescue insurance).
- All local and governmental taxes.
- International Airfare.
- City sights entrance fees.
- Bar bills & personal expenses.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Travel Insurance.
- Emergency rescue charges if necessary.
- Climbing bonus for Sherpa climbers.
- Extra shower, battery re-charge fee, snacks, etc.
- Personal equipment and clothing & gears.
- Tips to guide and porter.
- Cost raised by cancellation, landslide, weather, political unrest, the illness which are not under our control.
- Guide Potter Tips.
PRICES & DATES
|11 Apr, 2020 - 29 Apr, 2020||Guaranteed||US$2499|
|13 Apr, 2020 - 01 May, 2020||Guaranteed||US$2499|
|15 Apr, 2020 - 03 May, 2020||Guaranteed||US$2499|
|17 Apr, 2020 - 05 May, 2020||Guaranteed||US$2499|
|19 Apr, 2020 - 07 May, 2020||Guaranteed||US$2499|
|21 Apr, 2020 - 09 May, 2020||Guaranteed||US$2499|
|23 Apr, 2020 - 11 May, 2020||Guaranteed||US$2499|
|25 Apr, 2020 - 13 May, 2020||Guaranteed||US$2499|
|27 Apr, 2020 - 15 May, 2020||Guaranteed||US$2499|
|29 Apr, 2020 - 17 May, 2020||Guaranteed||US$2499|
EBC with Island Peak Climbing will present you beautiful views of the Himalayan mountains and Himalayan Peaks. This trip will let you make lifelong memories. From the freshness of the Himalayas to the rich culture, you will have everything during the trek. Talking about mountains, you will get to see panoramic views of Mt. Everest (8,848 m), Mt. Nuptse (7,861 m), Mt. Lhotse (8,516 m), Mt. Cho Oyu (8,201 m), Mt. Thamserku (6,623 m), Lobuche East (6,119 m), Lobuche West ( 4,940 m), Mt. Ama Dablam (6,812 m), Taboche Peak (6,501 m), Mt. Kangtega (6,782 m), Khumbutse (6,665 m), Pumori (7,161 m), and numerous other mountains.
EBC with Island Peak Climbing landmark
Known as one of the most extreme airports in the world, a flight to Lukla airport will give you a thrilling and adventurous experience that will always be in your memories. You will fly from Kathmandu, and the flight time will be around 35 minutes. Lukla is also the starting point of EBC Trek.
Namche Bazaar is known as the tourist hub of the Khumbu region. This is also the main and the biggest residence area of Sherpas. Similarly, in Namche Bazar, you will find most of the facilities like WiFi, nice cafes & restaurants, luxury lodges, etc.
Located at 5,180 meters, Gorak Shep is the first base camp of Mt. Everest. Later, the base camp got moved to 5,364 meters where it is located right now. You have to pass by Gorak Shep to reach Everest Base Camp. After exploring the base camp, you will drop down to Gorka Shep for night stay.
Everest Base Camp
Everest Base Camp, the lap of the world's highest mountain, Mt. Everest (8,848 m) is a dream destination of travel lovers. From here, you will get to witness an outstanding view of Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Baruntse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Kongde, Lobuche Peak, Mt. Ama Dablam, etc. Likewise, you will also see a stunning view of Khub Icefall and other huge glaciers, moraines, and glacial lakes.
Kala Patthar is the most popular viewpoint in the Everest region. From the top of the Kala Patthar, you will get to observe a 360-degree view of Everest as well as a jaw-dropping landscape view from here.
Island Peak is also known as Imja Tse is one of the most beautiful peaks in Nepal. Usually, climbers summit this peak to gear themselves before climbing more strenuous mountains. The impressive beauty of this mountain has attracted many adventure lovers over the past few years.
While enjoying the spectacular landscape and mountain views, you will also get to experience the rich culture and tradition of the locals. People here mostly follow Buddhism, and in some places, you will also see Tibetan Buddhism. Likewise, you will visit Tengboche Monastery, the oldest and biggest monastery in the region. Similarly, the trail will show you numerous monasteries, chortens, gumba and mani stones.
Sherpa's are the main people who reside in the Everest region. People from other communities like Rais, Limbus, Sunwars, Manangis, and Lopas also resides in several villages. Every community has a distinct culture, major festivals, languages, dress, and delicacies, yet they are living together as one.
Trekking through Sagarmatha National Park, you will reach Namche Bazar. This park is a part of UNESCO Natural World Heritage Sites and habitat of many wildlife like red panda, snow leopards, Himalayan tahr, etc as well as numerous flora. The entire region is extremely rich in vegetation and ranges from subalpine to alpine zone. Likewise, other parts of the trail also include beautiful forests of rhododendron, pine, fir, maple, cedar, juniper, etc. As the elevation rises, you will come across a completely snow-covered area.
EBC with Island Peak Climbing difficulty
EBC with Island Peak Climbing is a challenging journey. Trekking to Everest Base Camp itself known as moderate in terms of difficulty level and combining Island Peak Climbing increase more difficulty. Island Peak Climbing is known as one of the most challenging peaks to climb in Nepal. That means there are technical climbing, steep glacier path, rugged sections, and crevasses with numerous ascend & descends. On average, you have to walk for around 6 to 7 hours a day. All of these demands strong stamina, high strength, and good health.
Altitude Sickness and Prevention
There are chances of altitude sickness or Acute mountain sickness during EBC with Island Peak Climbing because of the high elevation you will gain while trekking. Altitude sickness is a common illness one can go through on high elevation journey. This can get extremely dangerous and life-risking if not handled carefully on time. With enough acclimatization day in between the trekking period and proper guidance, one can easily complete this trek without having any issues. Also, keep yourself hydrated. Drink enough water and other liquids during the trek to avoid altitude sickness.
Transportation and Bag Pack
Everest Base Camp with Island Peak Climbing begins with a thrilling flight to Lukla from Kathmandu. From Lukla, you will start walking towards Everest Base Camp slowly and move to the base of Island Peak.
Below is the list of things you should carry during EBC with Island Peak Climbing:
- T-shirts and Pants (Innerwear)
- Thermal Wears
- Breathable Underwears
- Trekking Pants/Shoes/Socks
- Insulating Jacket
- Rain jacket
- Warm woolen Gloves
- Sun hat/woolen hat
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking Pole
- First aid kit
- Toiletries (toilet paper, hand sanitizer, sunblock, towel, soap, shampoo, sanitary napkins, etc)
- Miscellaneous (camera, extra batteries, journal, cards, bars, snacks, water purification tablets, etc)
Food and Accommodation during EBC with Island Peak Climbing
During Everest Base Camp with Island Peak Climbing, you will stay overnight in lodge and guesthouse. The rooms are generally small and are on the twin-sharing term with a few furniture. You can find a comfortable bed and hot shower along with common bathrooms.
Food like Dal Bhat and Sherpa cuisine can be found everywhere along with momo, chowmein, thukpa, pizza, sandwich, bread, bars, tea, coffee, and other beverages.
Best Season to go on EBC with Island Peak Climbing
Spring (March to April) and Autumn (late September to November) is considered the most desirable time to go on EBC with Island Peak Climbing. This is the most desirable time of the year to travel in the Khumbu region as the scenes are clear and fabulous. Moreover, the weather is neither too cold nor too hot, perfect to move around.
Likewise, Monsoon (June to mid-September) is not a preferred time to go on climbing in the Everest region. The rainfall makes the views unclear and trail also become slippery.
EBC with Island Peak Climbing cost
The package cost is subject to the facility you are using during the trek and company you are traveling with. With, Go For Nepal Treks & Expedition, you can be assured to get genuine price and quality service. We are a quality-oriented company. For us, your safety and joy is the priority. For further information regarding EBC with Island Peak Climbing cost, feel free to contact us anytime.
- Make sure to carry insect repellents and table salts.
- Collect enough information on the weather and temperature.
- Get yourself a nice map.
- Maintain body hydration- drink plenty of water daily.
- Walk slow and safely.
- Take out insurance that will cover any emergency evacuation and property loss.
- Carry hand cash as there will be no atm on the way.
- Pack light.
- Do not get obsessed over network and internet; spend time in nature.