Everest Base Camp Budget Trek is a pocket-friendly trekking package that is specially designed for budget travelers. Basic facilities during the trek are same, however, in this package, you will opt for the cheapest service. Everest Base Camp Trek is an adventurous journey in the eastern part of Nepal, Khumbu region. Going through several beautiful villages and dense forests, you will reach Everest Base Camp, the base of the world's highest mountain, Mt. Everest (8,848 m). To be part of this divine atmosphere far away from advanced cities thousands of travel lovers visit EBC every year. From rich culture to breathtaking panoramas, Everest Base Camp Trekking has everything. On Everest Base Camp Budget Trek 13-days, you will get an opportunity to forget the daily hustle of your life and immerse yourself in the wonders of this Himalayan region and make life long memories.
- Tour to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites situated in the Kathmandu valley.
- Breathtaking flight to Lukla.
- Walk along the banks of the lovely Dudh Koshi river through Sagarmatha National Park and reach Namche Bazar.
- Experience the vibrant culture and tradition of Sherpas.
- Visit Tengboche monastery, the oldest & biggest monastery of Khumbu region.
- Walk past the memorial in Gorakshep.
- Explore the Everest Base Camp.
- Hike to Kala Patthar vantage point to witness outstanding sunrise.
- Witness tempting beauty of the Himalayan landscape.
- Observe surreal views of snowy mountains like Mt. Everest, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Bruntse, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Kongde, Mt. Pumori, etc.
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02Fly to Lukla (2,850 m) and trek to Phakding (2,660 m).
Day 03Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,235 m).
Day 04Acclimatization and rest at Namche.
Day 05Trek to Tengboche (3,890 m).
Day 06Trek to Dingboche (4,910 m).
Day 07Trek to Lobuche (4,910 m).
Day 08Trek to Gorakshep (5,180 m) and Everest Base Camp (5,380 m) and back to Gorak Shep.
Day 09Trek to Kalapathar (5,545 m) and Pheriche (4,320 m).
Day 10Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,435 m).
Day 11Trek back to Phakding and Lukla (2,850 m).
Day 12Fly back to Kathmandu, 30 - 35 min.
Day 13Final Departure.
What to Expect
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included. (2 nights)
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek.
- Licensed English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Official expenses.
- Air travel to/from Nepal.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- All Meals during the trek.
- Soft/hard drinks, laundry, postage, telephone bills, all items of personal nature.
- Personal clothing, insurance against accidental, medical and emergency rescue evacuations.
- Respective expenses if one returns earlier from the trip due to sickness or emergency purpose.
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
- Travel Insurance.
- Guides and potter tips.
- Emergency helicopter rescue evacuation arrangements will be covered by travel insurance.
PRICES & DATES
|12 Apr, 2020 - 24 Apr, 2020||Guaranteed||US$849|
|13 Apr, 2020 - 25 Apr, 2020||Guaranteed||US$849|
|15 Apr, 2020 - 27 Apr, 2020||Guaranteed||US$849|
|18 Apr, 2020 - 30 Apr, 2020||Guaranteed||US$849|
|21 Apr, 2020 - 03 May, 2020||Guaranteed||US$849|
|24 Apr, 2020 - 06 May, 2020||Guaranteed||US$849|
|28 Apr, 2020 - 10 May, 2020||Guaranteed||US$849|
The most advanced yet the most adventurous trail of Nepal, Everest Base Camp Budget Trekking trail is a perfect trekking package full of adventure, thrills, and wilderness. On the way, you will pass by beautiful rivers, streams, picturesque villages, moraines, huge glaciers, dense forests of rhododendron, fir, and conifer along with enjoying outstanding views of Himalayan scenery. Himalayan mountains like Mt. Everest (8,848 m), Mt. Nuptse (7,861 m), Mt. Lhotse (8,516 m), Mt. Makalu (8,481 m), Mt. Cho Oyu (8,201 m), Mt. Ama Dablam (6,812 m), Mt. Nuptse (7,861 m), Mt. Thamserku (6,623 m), Mt. Pumori (7,161 m), Taboche Peak (6,501 m), etc. will make the journey even more joyful.
Everest Base Camp Budget Trek landmark
known as the most extreme airports in the world, a flight from Kathmandu will take you to Lukla airport in 35 minutes. During the flight, you will see the first glimpse of the Himalayas.
Namche Bazar is the tourist hub of the Khumbu region. This is also the main and the biggest residence area of Sherpas. In Namche Bazar, you can find most of the facilities like WiFi, nice cafes & restaurants, luxury lodges, etc.
Located in the Tengboche village, Tengboche monastery is the largest and the oldest monastery in the Khumbu region. In the monastery, you will get to see ancient sculptures, paintings, antique pieces, and manuscripts.
Gorak Shep was the original base camp of Mt. Everest located at 5,180 meters. Later, the base camp got moved to 5,364 meters where it is positioned right now. These days, trekkers pass by Gorak Shep to reach Everest Base Camp. After exploring the base camp, they drop down to Gorka Shep for night stay.
Everest Base Camp
Everest Base Camp is the main highlight of the Everest Base Camp Budget Trek. Upon reaching here, you will get welcomed with a panoramic view of Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Baruntse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Kongde, Lobuche Peak, Mt. Ama Dablam, etc. Likewise, you will also see a marvelous view of Khub Icefall and other huge glaciers, moraines, and glacial lakes.
Located just above EBC, Kala Patthar is the most popular viewpoint in the Everest region. From the top of the Kala Patthar, you will get to observe a 360-degree view of Everest along with the jaw-dropping landscape.
On the Everest Base Camp Budget Trek, you will come across a rich culture and tradition of Sherpas. People residing in this region mostly follows Buddhism. During the EBC trek, you will pass by many monasteries, chortens, gumba, and mani stones that will demonstrate the cultural abundance of the region.
Sherpa, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Baruntse, viewpoint in the Everest region, EBC trek, Limbus, Rais, Everest region, yarsagumba, EBC Budget Trekking, Sagarmatha National Park, Everest Base Camp Budget Trek difficulty,
Khumbu region is mostly dominated by Sherpa people known as the great climbers. Besides them, you will also see Rais, Limbus, Sunwars, Manangis, and Lopas also lives in the Khumbu region. Every community has a distinct culture, major festivals, languages, dress, and delicacies. You will stay overnight in several villages during the trek, which will give you a chance to socialize with locals and take a deep look into their unique lifestyle, beliefs, and values.
Everest region is remarkably abundant in vegetation. The vegetation ranges from subalpine to alpine zone. The region has diverse species of flora including the most endangered medicinal plants like yarsagumba. Likewise, this place is also home to various wildlife like snow leopards, red panda, wild bears, etc. The EBC Budget Trekking trail goes through Sagarmatha National Park, which is also part of UNESCO Natural World Heritage Sites. Besides, this the trail includes many forests of rhododendron, pine, fir, maple, cedar, juniper, etc.
Everest Base Camp Budget Trek difficulty
Everest Base Camp Budget Trek is a moderate trek in the Khumbu region. Walking on steep, rugged, and rocky path, you will ascend & descend numerous times. On average, you will walk for around 6 to 7 hours a day as well. All of these demands strong stamina, high strength, and good health.
You can go on this trek without prior trekking experience, however, you have to be physically and mentally fit. Also, make sure to go on a few short hikes before the commencement
Altitude Sickness and Prevention
Everest Base Camp Budget Trek 13-days is a high altitude journey that means there is a risk of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) or altitude sickness. Altitude sickness or Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) is an illness usually occurs during high elevation journey. If you live in low altitude or on a sea level, and you suddenly go on trek or journey that will take you above 2,000 or 4,000 meters above, there is a high chance of getting altitude sickness if not acclimated properly. Likewise, Everest Base Camp Budget Trek will lead you above 5,000 meters. A strong and healthy body can also suffer from AMS, therefore it is very necessary to move gradually while acclimating your body at the lower levels. Also, drink plenty of water to avoid altitude sickness.
Transportation and Bag Pack
Everest Base Camp Budget Trekking begins with an exhilarating flight to Lukla from Kathmandu. From Lukla, you will begin trekking towards Everest Base Camp gradually through villages like Phakding, Namche Bazar, Tengboche, Dingboche, and Lobuche.
Below is the list of things you should carry during Everest Base Camp Budget Trek:
- T-shirts and Pants (Innerwear)
- Thermal Wears
- Breathable Underwears
- Trekking Pants/Shoes/Socks
- Insulating Jacket
- Rain jacket
- Warm woolen Gloves
- Sun hat/woolen hat
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking Pole
- First aid kit
- Toiletries (toilet paper, hand sanitizer, sunblock, towel, soap, shampoo, sanitary napkins, etc)
- Miscellaneous (camera, extra batteries, journal, cards, bars, snacks, water purification tablets, etc)
Food and Accommodation during Everest Base Camp Budget Trek
The trail to Everest Base Camp has developed rapidly over the years resulting in the opening of many lodges and guesthouses. Generally, the rooms are small and on a twin-sharing basis. You can find a comfortable bed and hot shower along with common bathrooms. Moreover, you can find a WiFi facility in many places, but the network is not strong enough. Foods like dal bhat tarkari and Tibetan cuisine can be found everywhere. Food like momo, chowmin, thukpa, pizza, sandwich, bread, bars, tea, coffee, and other beverages can also be found in some places.
In the major cities, you will be staying mostly at either a 3-star hotel or a 5-star hotel as per your budget. These hotels have their own restaurants, which means that you don’t have to worry about eating elsewhere. You can also explore around and dine in numerous restaurants & cafes that are available out there.
Best Season to go on Everest Base Camp Budget Trek
Spring (March to April) and Autumn (late September to November) is considered the best time to go on Everest Base Camp Budget Trekking. This is the best time of the year to travel in this region of Nepal as the views clear and wonderful. Moreover, the weather is neither too cold nor too hot, perfect to traverse.
Everest Base Camp Budget Trek Cost
Everest Base Camp Budget Trek Cost varies with the company you are traveling with. However, the cost will be lower than usual EBC Trek. We, Go For Nepal Treks & Expedition runs professionally designed Everest Base Camp Budget Trek that will surely meet your needs while not making a big hole in your pocket.
- Make sure to carry insect repellents and table salts
- Collect enough information on the weather and temperature
- Get yourself a nice map
- Maintain body hydration- drink plenty of water daily
- Walk slow and safely
- Carry hand cash as there will be no atm on the way
- Pack light
- Do not get obsessed over network and internet; spend time in nature