Everest Classic Trek is the oldest and earliest route that trekkers used to follow to reach Phakding village. While going on the Everest Classic Trekking, you do not reach Lukla. From Kathmandu, a long drive will take you to Jiri the starting point of the trek. From here, the trail goes through several villages and take you to Namche Bazar. Everest Classic Trek is a long trek that will take you to the base of the world's highest mountain, Mt. Everest (8,848 m). If you are captivated by the irresistible beauty of the Himalayas and the rich culture of the people living here, then Everest Base Camp trek-22 days is the most suitable option for you. As Everest Classic Trek itinerary is long, you will have plenty of time to learn and indulge in the Khumbu region.
- Thrilling flight to Lukla.
- Walk along the banks of the beautiful Dudh Koshi river through Sagarmatha National Park and reach Namche Bazar.
- Get to experience ancient culture and tradition of Sherpas.
- Visit Tengboche monastery, the oldest & biggest monastery of Khumbu region.
- Walking past the memorial in Gorakshep.
- Explore the Everest Base Camp.
- Hike to Kala Patthar vantage point.
- Witness irresistible beauty of the Himalayan landscape.
- Observe surreal views of snowy mountains like Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Bruntse, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Kongde, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku, etc.
Day 01Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu.
Day 02Trek preparation and Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour.
Day 03Kathmandu to Jiri (2,370m/7,774ft); 8-9 hours.
Day 04Jiri to Bhandar (1,520m/4,985ft); 7-8 hours.
Day 05Bhandar to Sete (2,500m/8,200ft); 7 hours.
Day 06Sete to Junbesi (2,675m/8,774ft); 7 hours.
Day 07Junbesi to Nuntala (2,345m/7,6916ft); 7 hours.
Day 08Nuntala to Khari Khola (2,194m/7,196ft); 6 hours.
Day 09Khari Khola to Puiyan (2,890m/9,479ft); 6 hours.
Day 10Puiyan to Phakding (2,652m/8,699ft); 6 hours.
Day 11Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,283ft); 6 hours.
Day 12Namche Bazar and Everest View Hotel.
Day 13Namche to Tengboche (3,860m/12,660ft); 5 hours.
Day 14Tengboche to Dingboche (4,410m/14,464ft); 5 hours.
Day 15Hike to Nagarjun (5,100m/16,728ft) and return Dingboche; 6 hours.
Day 16Dingboche to Lobuche (4,910m/16,105ft); 5 hours.
Day 17Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (5,364m/17,594ft); 8 hours.
Day 18Hiking to Kala Pattar (5,545m/18,188ft) - Gorakshep - Pheriche (4,210m/13,809ft); 7 hours.
Day 19Pheriche to Namche (3,440m/11,283ft); 7 hours.
Day 20Namche to Lukla (2,800m/9,184ft); 7 hours.
Day 21Fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 22Final departure.
What to Expect
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three or four star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- All your standard Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners) one item menu.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek
- Licensed English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show on second last day.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Official expenses.
- Nepal visa fee 40 USD for a month. Nepal visa can be obtained at your country in Nepalese consulate office before arrival in Nepal or you can get Nepal visa after arrival in Kathmandu airport.
- International Airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (Due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (And also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary).
- Travel, Trekking and Helicopter Rescue insurance.
- Personal high altitude medicines, first aid kits, equipment, gears, cloths etc.
- Personal expenses (Phone Calls, Laundry, bar bills during the trekking, Battery recharge of camera or mobile, extra porters if you wish to take, mineral water, Shower etc.)
- Tips for Guides and Porters according to custom of trekking in Nepal since long though this is not obligation if your trip is not satisfied with our staffs.
PRICES & DATES
|01 Mar, 2020 - 22 Mar, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1789|
|05 Mar, 2020 - 26 Mar, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1789|
|10 Mar, 2020 - 31 Mar, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1789|
|15 Mar, 2020 - 05 Apr, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1789|
|20 Mar, 2020 - 10 Apr, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1789|
|25 Mar, 2020 - 15 Apr, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1789|
|30 Mar, 2020 - 20 Apr, 2020||Guaranteed||US$1789|
Everest Classic Trek will bless you with tempting beauty of the Himalayas. The trail passes by several picturesque villages, dense forests of rhododendron, fir & conifer, lovely rivers, and cold streams. Along with that, you will get to witness Himalayan mountains like Mt. Everest (8,848 m), Mt. Lhotse (8,516 m), Mt. Nuptse (7,861 m), Mt. Ama Dablam (6,812 m), Mt. Kongde (6,187 m), Mt. Pumori (7,161 m), Taboche Peak (6,501 m), Mt. Khumbutse (6,665 m), etc. The divine beauty and irresistible aroma of this region will help you find inner peace and your inner self.
Everest Base Camp Trek landmark
While returning, you will fly from Lukla airport to Kathmandu. Lukla airport is one of the most extreme airports in the world. The flight from here will present you an aerial view of the Himalayas.
The famous tourist hub of Khumbu region, Namche Bazar is the main residential area of Sherpas. This is the most developed village in the Khumbu region where you can find services like luxury lodges, WiFi, nice cafes & restaurants, etc.
Tengboche monastery is located in the Tengboche village. This is the largest and the oldest monastery in the Khumbu region. In the monastery, you will get to see ancient sculptures, paintings, antique pieces, and manuscripts.
Located at 5,180 meters, Gorak Shep is the original base camp of Mt. Everest. Later, the base camp got moved to 5,364 meters where it is located right now. These days, trekkers pass by Gorak Shep to reach Everest Base Camp. After exploring the base camp, they drop down to Gorka Shep for night stay.
Everest Base Camp
Everest Base Camp is the main highlight of this trek. From the base camp, you will get to witness a panoramic view of Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Baruntse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Kongde, Lobuche Peak, Mt. Ama Dablam, etc. Likewise, you will also see a stunning view of Khub Icefall and other huge glaciers, moraines, and glacial lakes.
Kala Patthar is the most famous viewpoint in the Everest region. From the top of the Kala Patthar, you will get to observe a 360-degree view of Everest. You will also get to see a jaw-dropping landscape view from here.
On Everest Classic Trek 22-days, you will come across a rich culture and tradition of Sherpa's. The region is mostly influenced by Buddhism. As you will move on the trek numerous monasteries, chortens, gumba and mani stones will come into the sight that will define the religious copiousness of the region.
Khumbu region is mostly dominated by Sherpa people known as the great climbers. Besides them, you will also see Rais, Limbus, Sunwars, Manangis, and Lopas also lives in the Khumbu region. Every community has a distinct culture, major festivals, languages, dress, and delicacies. You will stay overnight in various villages during the trek, which will give you a chance to interact with locals and take a deep look into their unique lifestyle, beliefs & values.
Everest Classic Trek goes through several forests of rhododendron, pine, fir, maple, cedar, juniper, etc. From Monjo, you will trek through Sagarmatha National Park to reach Namche Bazar. The national park is home to numerous wildlife and diverse flora. The vegetation ranges from subalpine to alpine zone. If you are lucky then you can come across rare species like the red panda, snow leopards, Himalayan tahr, etc.
Everest Classic Trek difficulty
Everest Classic Trek can be said to be a little more challenging than regular EBC Trek. As the trail includes many ascends & descend on steep, rugged, and rocky path, you have to have strong stamina and will power to complete this trek. Similarly, on average, you will walk for around 6 to 7 hours a day as well. Therefore, good health and a physically fit body are required to go on this trek.
For trekking experience, anyone can go on this trek until they are physically fit means prior trekking experience is not necessary. However, make sure to go on a few short hikes before the commencement of the trip.
Altitude Sickness and Prevention
Altitude sickness is a common trekker's faces during Everest Classic Trek because of the increase in elevation every day. High altitude trips always carry the risk of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) or altitude sickness. However, with enough rest days in between the trekking time and proper direction, one can easily complete this trek. Also, keep yourself hydrated. Drink enough water during the trek to avoid altitude sickness. In case you feel difficulty in breathing inform your guide right away so that he can take proper measures on time.
Transportation and Bag Pack
Everest Classic Trek begins with a long scenic drive to Jiri. From Jiri, you will begin trekking towards Everest Base Camp gradually through several villages and descend to Lukla to fly back to Kathmandu.
Below is the list of things that you should carry during Everest Classic Trek:
- T-shirts and Pants (Innerwear)
- Thermal Wears
- Breathable Underwears
- Trekking Pants/Shoes/Socks
- Insulating Jacket
- Rain jacket
- Warm woolen Gloves
- Sun hat/woolen hat
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking Pole
- First aid kit
- Toiletries (toilet paper, hand sanitizer, sunblock, towel, soap, shampoo, sanitary napkins, etc)
- Miscellaneous (camera, extra batteries, journal, cards, bars, snacks, water purification tablets, etc)
Food and Accommodation during Everest Classic Trek
Over the years, Everest Classic Trek 22-days route has received many trekkers resulting in the availability of many lodges and tea houses. The rooms are usually small and on a twin-sharing basis. You can find a comfy bed and hot shower along with shared bathrooms. Moreover, you can also get WiFi facility in many places, but the network might not be strong enough. In terms of food, you will widely find Dal Bhat and Sherpa cuisine. Food like momo, chowmein, thukpa, pizza, sandwich, bread, bars, tea, coffee, and other beverages can also be found in some places.
In the major cities, you will be staying mostly at either a 3-star hotel or a 5-star hotel as per your budget. These hotels have their sown restaurants, which means that you don’t have to worry about eating elsewhere. You can also explore around and dine in numerous restaurants & cafes that are available out there.
Best Season to go on Everest Classic Trek
Spring (March to April) and Autumn (late September to November) is considered the best time to go on Everest Classic Trek. This is the best time of the year to travel in this region of Nepal as the views clear and fantastic. Moreover, the weather is neither too cold nor too hot, perfect to traverse.
Likewise, Monsoon (June to mid-September) is not a preferable time to go on trekking in the Everest region. The rainfall makes the views unclear and trail also become slippery & full of insects.
However, in Winter (December to February), people do go on trekking in this region, especially photographers as this is the best time to capture the surreal views of Himalayas. But, with excellent views comes harsh cold and heavy snowfall.
Everest Classic Trek Cost
Everest Classic Trek Cost varies with the company you are traveling with. The price ranges from budget-friendly to luxurious as per the facilities you will be receiving during the trek. We, Go For Nepal Treks & Expedition runs a wide range of Everest Base Camp Treks that surely will fit everyone's needs. With us, you will find the most affordable cost for this trek as well as the most expensive ones. Feel free to contact us any time.
- Make sure to carry insect repellents and table salts
- Collect enough information on the weather and temperature
- Get yourself a nice map
- Maintain body hydration- drink plenty of water daily
- Walk slow and safely
- Take out insurance that will cover any emergency evacuation and property loss
- Carry hand cash as there will be no atm on the way
- Pack light
- Do not get obsessed over network and internet; spend time in nature