Langtang Valley Trek is one of the most popular trekking trails of Nepal as well as the closest trekking region from Kathmandu. Trekking in Langtang valley will take you to a narrow valley located between the main Himalayan range to the north and bordering with Tibet along with a lower range of snow-capped peaks to the south. We, Go For Nepal Treks & Expedition has carefully made our Langtang Valley Trek itinerary that will let you experience the best of this region. Likewise, we also design tailor-made Langtang Valley Trek itinerary for those who have limited time on their hands or wants to customize their perfect journey. We will assure you that, with us, you are going to have one of the most enjoyable treks in Nepal.
- Scenic drive to Syabrubesi.
- Trek through the adventures trail.
- Stunning landscape.
- Get to witness the tradition, culture, and lifestyle of Tamang and Sherpa people.
- Explore Langtang Village.
- Visit ancient Kyanjin Gompa.
- Enjoy spectacular views of Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himalayas, and Gosainkunda range.
Day 01Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,460 m); 7 hrs.
Day 02Trek to Lama Hotel (2,560 m); 5-6 hrs.
Day 03Trek to Langtang (3,455 m); 5 hrs.
Day 04Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3,817 m); 2-3 hrs.
Day 05Rest day at Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 06Trek to Lama Hotel; 6 hrs.
Day 07Trek to Syabrubesi; 5-6 hrs.
Day 08Drive back to Kathmandu; 7 hrs.
What to Expect
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three or four star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included. (4 nights)
- All your standard Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners)one item menu.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek
- Licensed English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Langtang National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show on second last day.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Official expenses.
- Air travel to/from Nepal.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Soft/hard drinks, laundry, postage, telephone bills, all items of personal nature.
- Personal clothing, insurance against accidental, medical and emergency rescue evacuations.
- Respective expenses if one returns earlier from the trip due to sickness or emergency purpose.
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
- Travel Insurance.
- Emergency helicopter rescue evacuation arrangements will be covered by travel insurance.
- Guide and Potter tips.
- International flight.
Langtang Valley Trekking is an impressive journey that will present you the unique blend of cultures, landscapes, stunning mountains, diverse wildlife and vegetation at one place. The traditionally built stone houses precisely carved wooden details, and craftsmanship reflects the ancient lifestyle of people residing here. During Langtang Valley Trek, you will get to see breath-taking views of Mt. Annapurna II (7,937 m), Mt. Manaslu (8,156 m), Ganesh Himal (7,422 m), Langshisha- Ri (6,427 m), Gen Jempol, Kyanjin RI (4,750 m), Tsergo RI (5,000 m), Dorje Lhakpa (6 430 m), Naya Kang (5,844 m), Yala peak (5,500 m), and numerous other small peaks.
Langtang Valley Trek landmark
Located at 3,307 meters/10,846 feet, Langtang Village is one of the most famous villages of Langtang region. From here, you will get to observe gorgeous landscape and snow-capped mountains views. Begin one of the closest trekking destinations from Kathmandu, many people trek and visit this village every year.
Kyanjin Gompa is a lovely village that will profoundly present you the Tibetan culture. The house, the language of the people, their dress and assortments all are similar to the Tibetans. Likewise, the village is surrounded by stunning Himalayan mountains. You will visit ancient Kyanjin Gompa where you will get to see old paintings, sculptures, and manuscript.
Langtang Valley Trek offers an exceptional diversity of scenery and culture to its guests. As the region is highly dominated by Tamang people, you will get to see their daily life, norms, values, ethics, and culture throughout the trek. The trail will also include many gompas, chortens, mani walls, and prayer flags along the way making it more divine. Along with that, you will visit monasteries like Kyanjin Gompa and Sing Gompa, which will offer you a more deeper insight into their culture.
During the trek, you will pass by typical traditional villages resided by people from Sherpa and Tamang communities. The whole Langtang region is highly influenced by Tibetan Buddhism and Tibetan lifestyle because one the region is touched by the Tibetan border, and second the locals are believed to be descendants of the Tibetans. During the Langtang Valley trek 8-days, you will spend the night in several villages that will present you tradition, customs, and beliefs of the locals.
The trail includes several adventures ascends & descends, beautiful rhododendron, pine & bamboo forests, untamed streams, cascading waterfalls, lush meadows, lovely terraced farms, wildlife, and thrilling remote areas. Langtang region holds Langtang National Park, which is Nepal’s first Himalayan national park announced in 1971. Along with all the natural beauty, culture, and mountain views. The Langtang Valley Trek will also present you a chance to see wildlife like Himalayan black bear, Himalayan Tahr, tigers, wild boar, red panda, pica, musk deer, snow leopard along with more than 250 species of birds and 1000 species of flora.
Langtang Valley Trek difficulty
Langtang Valley Trek is one of the easiest treks in Langtang region. The route does include many ups & downs, however, it is not as difficult as other treks of this region. You will walk for around 5 to 6 hours daily, therefore good health and stamina is required. And, the best part is anyone with normal health and fitness can go on Langtang Valley Trekking, no prior trekking experience needed at all.
Altitude Sickness and Prevention
Langtang Valley trek brings chances of altitude sickness with itself, as you will be trekking above 3,500 meters. Even if you are healthy and young, you can suffer from AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness). Therefore, it is very essential to acclimatize properly in the lower elevation before heading higher.
Keep yourself hydrated during the trek and avoid alcoholic drinks as it dehydrates the body. Also, ask your travel company to include enough rest days in between the trek for acclimatization. In case, if you feel difficulty in breathing and nauseous, drop down to lower elevation and rest until you feel better before moving ahead.
Transportation and Bag Pack
Langtang Valley Trek begins with a scenic drive to Syabru Bensi, the starting point of the trek. From here, you will slowly ascend to the Kyanjin Gompa.
Below is the packing list of Langtang Valley Trek:
- T-shirts and Pants (Innerwear)
- Thermal Wears
- Breathable Underwears
- Trekking Pants/Shoes/Socks
- Insulating Jacket
- Rain jacket
- Sun hat
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking Pole
- First aid kit
- Toiletries (toilet paper, hand sanitizer, sunblock, towel, soap, shampoo, sanitary napkins, etc)
- Miscellaneous (camera, extra batteries, journal, cards, bars, snacks, water purification tablets, etc)
Food and Accommodation during Langtang Valley Trek
On Langtang Valley Trek, you will stay overnight in a guesthouse. Usually, rooms are small with a few furniture and shared washrooms. The food will be served as per the menu of the guest house. You can expect to find dishes like rice, curries (veg/non-veg), momo, chowmin, thukpa, bread, bakeries, bars, snacks, tea, coffee, etc.
In Kathmandu, you will stay overnight in 3-star and 5-star hotels, as per your budget. These hotels have their own restaurants, and if you don’t like their food, then there are plenty of options out there.
Best time to go on Langtang Valley Trek
The best time to go on Langtang Valley Trek is in Autumn (September to early-November) and Spring (March-May). The trail gets bloomed up with several wildflowers and weather is also perfect.
Langtang Valley Trek Cost
Langtang Valley trek cost completely depends on the company you are traveling with and the facilities you are wishing during the journey. Things like the number of days, mode of transportation, route, time of the year, and accommodation also change the cost to go on this trek.
- Collect enough information on the weather and temperature
- Get yourself a map
- Maintain body hydration
- Walk slow
- Carry hand cash
- Pack light
- Do not get obsessed over network and internet; spend time in nature