Manaslu Circuit Trek 12-days is an adventurous journey to the most isolated region of Nepal. You will be reaching the base of Mt. Manaslu during Manaslu Circuit Trek 12-days while enjoying fantastic views of Tibetan villages and Birendra Lake. Manasalu region was once a restricted area, and in recent years it has been made open to the foreign travelers. If you are someone looking for a less crowded trail and peaceful environment, then Manaslu Circuit Trek is the best option for you. The team at Go For Nepal Treks & Expedition have carefully designed the Manaslu Circuit Trek itinerary. Embarking on Manaslu Circuit Trek 12-days is the best way to explore the pristine and extremely raw nature of Nepal.
- Trek to one of the most isolated parts of Nepal and unwind yourself from the daily hustle of your life.
- Get to see the fascinating Himalayan landscape.
- Experience rich culture and unique lifestyle of the locals.
- Explore secluded village.
- Cross challenging Larkya La Pass.
- Witness astounding views of Mt. Manaslu, Nagdi Chuli, Simnang Himal, Cheo Himal, Himlung Himal, Annapurna II, Gyaji Kung, Kang Guru, and many other snow-capped mountains.
Day 01Drive from Kathmandu to Machha Khola; 6-7 hrs.
Day 02Trek to Jagat; 6 hrs.
Day 03Trek to Dyang; 5-6 hrs.
Day 04Trek to Namrung; 5-6 hrs.
Day 05Trek to Lho; 3 hrs.
Day 06Trek to Sama Gaun; 3-4 hrs.
Day 07Trek to Samdo; 3-4 hrs.
Day 08Trek to Dharamashal; 3 hrs.
Day 09Trek to Bhimtang crossing Larkya La Pass; 8-9 hrs.
Day 10Trek to Guwa; 5-6 hrs.
Day 11Trek to Dharapani; 3 hrs.
Day 12Drive to Kathmandu; 10 hrs.
What to Expect
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Three nights’ standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star level hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included. (3 nights)
- All your standard Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners) one item menu with one cup of tea/coffee per day.
- Lodges, Guesthouses accommodation during the trek
- Government Licensed Holder friendly English speaking guide
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests)
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, and medicine for all staff.
- Special Permit, Manaslu Conservation Area and Annapurna Conservation Area permits, and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali Restaurant with on the second last day.
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Official expenses.
- Air travel to/from Nepal.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Soft/hard drinks, laundry, postage, telephone bills, all items of personal nature.
- Personal clothing, insurance against accidental, medical and emergency rescue evacuations.
- Respective expenses if one returns earlier from the trip due to sickness or emergency purpose.
- Travel Insurance.
- Emergency helicopter rescue evacuation arrangements will be covered by travel insurance.
- Guide and Potter tips.
- International flight.
Manalsu region boasts pristine Himalayan landscape and diverse vegetation. During the trek, you will get to see beautiful valleys and culturally rich villages. You will get to experience off-the-beaten trekking. Likewise, on Manaslu Circuit Trek 12-days, you will get to see astonishing views of Mt. Manaslu, Nagdi Chuli, Simnang Himal, Cheo Himal, Himlung Himal, Annapurna II, Gyaji Kung, Kang Guru, and many other snow-capped mountains. As the entire region is isolated and untouched by any modern facilities, you will get an opportunity to spend some quality time amidst the Himalayan environment.
Manaslu Circuit Trek landmark
There are so many things to see and explore during Manaslu Circuit Trek. From charming villages to dense jungles and completely isolated areas. The Larkya La Pass is one of the major highlights in this trek, and as you conquer it, you’ll be surprised by emotions of happiness and vigor. The chorten filled trails inspire religion whereas the frosty winds inspire valor. Take this trek to truly bring out the best in you.
During Manaslu Circuit Trek, you will come across several mani walls, prayer wheels, chortens fastened with colorful prayer, and monasteries. Similarly, the villagers here practice Buddhism. The entire region is highly influenced by Tibetan culture. This trek will allow you to experience rich tradition, beliefs, and values of people here.
You will see an interesting blend of Hindu and Tibetan-style Buddhist villages. Manalsu region is inhabited by people from several different ethnic groups in which Nubri and Tsum are significant ones. While in the central hills, people from the Gurung community resides. As the region gets closest to Tibet, you will find Bhutias. All of these communities have their language, major festivals, dress, and assortments.
Manaslu Circuit Trek 12-days will present you diverse climatic range, vegetation, and wildlife. As the trail passes by Manaslu Conservation Area, you will get to see numerous flora and fauna. The natural richness of the region has become home to many rare species as well. If you are lucky enough, you might come across these species on the trail.
Manaslu Circuit Trek difficulty
These 12-days journey sees you climb steep stairs and walk along the densely forested trails. You will not find many villages around here that means you have to carry enough food for survival. As you will gain altitude, the terrain becomes tougher. Therefore, good health, physical fitness, and strong determination are needed to complete the trek. If you want to take this trek, then we advise you to prepare yourself thoroughly both physically and mentally.
Altitude Sickness and Prevention
Altitude sickness is also known as Acute Mountain Sickness is one of the major issues while embarking on any high altitude journey. Anyone can suffer from altitude sickness regardless of their physical condition and age. Manaslu Circuit Trekking is also a high elevation journey that will take you above 5,000 meters and so do carry chances of AMS. Therefore, it is very important to walk gradually acclimatizing your body properly to a lower altitude. Also, drink plenty of water during the trek to decrease the chances of altitude sickness.
Transportation and Bag Pack
Manaslu Circuit Trek 12- days begins with a scenic drive to Soti Khola via Arughat. From here, you will slowly gain elevation and trek through several beautiful villages.
Below is the list of things you should carry during Manaslu Circuit Trek:
- T-shirts and Pants (Innerwear)
- Thermal Wears
- Breathable Underwears
- Trekking Pants/Shoes/Socks
- Insulating Jacket
- Rain jacket
- Warm woolen Gloves
- Sun hat/woolen hat
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking Pole
- First aid kit
- Toiletries (toilet paper, hand sanitizer, sunblock, towel, soap, shampoo, sanitary napkins, etc)
- Miscellaneous (camera, extra batteries, journal, cards, bars, snacks, water purification tablets, etc)
Food and Accommodation during Manaslu Circuit Trek
Manasalu region is one of the most secluded trekking regions in Nepal. During the trek, you will be staying in small teahouses. There aren’t many lodges here. The food in these lodges are mostly dhido and if lucky you can get dal bhat. As you venture along, in some parts you cannot find houses. At that time, you may have to make a camp and stay put. You won’t have to worry about staying in the city as there are plenty of 3-star and 5-star hotels here that you can choose as per your budget.
Best time to go on Manaslu Circuit Trek
The best time to take this trek is from late September to mid-December. The sky is clear and the temperature is also moderate. You can see excellent views of various Himalayan mountains. March to Late May is also a good option to go on Manaslu Circuit Trek 12-days. During this time, rhododendrons start to bloom, and you can even visit the beautiful Birendra & Ponkar Lakes. In spite of occasional snowfalls, the trails are beautiful and it will pave the way for an incredible journey.
Manaslu Circuit Trek Cost
Manaslu Circuit Trek 12-days cost depends on the itinerary, facilities you are looking to have during the trek, and the company you are traveling with. We, Go For Nepal Treks & Expedition promises you to offer the most comprehensive package and affordable cost in the market. For further information, feel free to contact us anytime.
- Collect enough information on the weather and temperature.
- Get yourself a nice map.
- Maintain body hydration- drink plenty of water daily.
- Walk slow and safely.
- Take out insurance that will cover any emergency evacuation and property loss.
- Carry hand cash as there will be no atm on the way.
- Pack light.
- Do not get obsessed over network and internet; spend time in nature.