Nar Phu Valley Trek is a spectacular trip to the north of Annapurna region. The trail will lead you to the then unexplored pristine region of Nepal where only countable number of people travel every year. You will be traversing in the stunning valley of Nar Phu Valley. Nar Phu Valley Trek is a recently opened trekking trail (opened in 2002) that will showcase you the rich and exotic culture of the region. The entire region is extremely secluded and untouched by modernization. We, Go For Nepal Treks & Expedition have carefully designed our Nar Phu Valley Trek 12-days to let you experience the wilderness of the region.
Trek to one of the most beautiful parts of Nepal and unwind yourself from the daily hustle of your life.
Get to see the beautiful Himalayan landscape.
Experience rich culture and unique lifestyle of the locals.
Explore secluded Nar & Phu village.
Cross challenging Kang La Pass.
Witness stunning views of Annapurna Range, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Manaslu, Peak 29, Lamjung Himal, Mt. Fishtail, etc.
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu and Transfer to Hotel.
Day 02Drive to Besisahar; 7 hrs.
Day 03Drive to Koto (2610 m); 5 hrs.
Day 04Trek from Koto to Meta (3,560 m); 7 hrs.
Day 05Trek from Meta to Phu (4,080 m); 7 hrs.
Day 06Acclimatisation day in Phu.
Day 07Trek from Phu to Nar Phedi, Overnight in the monastery (3,490 m); 6 hrs.
Day 08Trek from Nar Phedi to Nar Village (4,110 m); 3 hrs.
Day 09Trek from Nar Village to Ngawal (3,650 m) via Kang La Pass (5,240 m); 8 hrs
Day 10Trek from Ngawal to Pisang, Drive to Besisahar; 4 hrs.
Day 11Drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 12Final Departure.
What to Expect
- Airport Pickups and drops
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three star level hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- All your standard Meals during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners)oneitem menu.
- A cup of tea/coffee per day during the trek
- Tea House accommodation during the trek
- (Accommodation in twin sharing and occasionally dormitory style)
- Professional Friendly, Licensed English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- All Necessary paper permits (National Park Permits, TIMS, Special Permit etc.)
- All land transportation
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Rescue service arrangement only (covered by your travel insurance)
- Official expenses.
- Air travel to/from Nepal.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Tips to guide and porter.
- Soft/hard drinks, laundry, postage, telephone bills, all items of personal nature.
- Personal clothing, insurance against accidental, medical and emergency rescue evacuations.
- Respective expenses if one returns earlier from the trip due to sickness or emergency purpose.
- Travel Insurance.
- Emergency helicopter rescue evacuation arrangements will be covered by travel insurance.
PRICES & DATES
|06 Dec, 2019 - 17 Dec, 2019||Guaranteed||US$2299|
|09 Dec, 2019 - 20 Dec, 2019||Guaranteed||US$2299|
|12 Dec, 2019 - 23 Dec, 2019||Guaranteed||US$2299|
|15 Dec, 2019 - 26 Dec, 2019||Guaranteed||US$2299|
|18 Dec, 2019 - 29 Dec, 2019||Guaranteed||US$2299|
|21 Dec, 2019 - 01 Jan, 2020||Guaranteed||US$2299|
|24 Dec, 2019 - 04 Jan, 2020||Guaranteed||US$2299|
Located far away from the modern world Nar Phu Valley Trek is the perfect way to travel back in time. During the trek, you will trek passes by medieval villages, picturesque valleys, narrow gorge, dense forests, crossing cold streams & rivers, and lush green meadows. Likewise, the dramatic views of Himalayan mountains like Annapurna Range (8,091 m), Mt. Manaslu (8,156 m), Peak 29 (7,871 m), Lamjung Himal (6,983m), Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167 m), Mt. Machhapuchhre (6,993 m), etc.
Nar Phu Valley Trek Landmark
Nar & Phu Village
Nar and Phu villages are two beautiful villages in the north of Annapurna. These villages boast hundreds of years old culture and tradition along with the spectacular beauty of Himalayas. Located far away from the modern city, traveling to these villages is one of the best to unwind yourself and spend some time in nature.
Kang La Pass
Kang La Pass (5,240 m) is the highest point of Nar Phu Valley Trekking. From the top of the pass, you will get to observe a wonderful view of snow-capped mountains and gorgeous landscape.
Nar Phu Valley Trek will present you the rich culture and tradition of the region. The region highly practices Tibetan culture and values. People here are still living and following the way of life as it used to be hundreds of years back. Several monasteries and gompas will enrich the journey and show the cultural abundance of the trekking trail.
Nar Phu Valley Trekking is an ideal way to understand and see the lifestyle of people from Bhote community. In the lower region, you will get to see people from other communities as well like Gurungs, Magar, etc. Every community has its major festivals, cultural dresses, language, beliefs, values, and delicacies.
During the Nar Phu Valley Trek, the vegetation changes from alpine to sub-alpine scrub. The trail passes through many dense forests, terraced fields, and meadows. You can get to see wildlife like blue sheep, snow leopard, etc during the trek. Similarly, the entire region is full of narrow canyons, glaciers, high passes, and unique rocks.
Nar Phu Valley Trek difficulty
Nar Phu Valley Trek 12-days is a difficult journey that will take you to one of the most isolated parts of Nepal. The trail will include numerous ascends and descends. You have to trek on a rugged and steep path while gaining elevation each day. Therefore, a very good physical fitness and willpower are required to go on Nar Phu Valley Trekking. If you have any prior trekking experience then it will be beneficial for you.
Altitude Sickness and Prevention
Nar Phu Valley Trek is a high altitude trek that will take you above 5,000 meters inspan of 12 days. Every day you will gain elevation, and if the body is not properly acclimatized with the altitude before gaining more, there comes a chance of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). AMS is also known as altitude sickness then can occur to anyone regardless of their health, physical fitness, and age. The best thing you can do to avoid AMS is first to make sure there are enough rest days in between the trek and second drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated.
Transportation and Bag Pack
Nar Phu Valley Trek begins with a drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar and then to Koto. Koto is the starting point of the trek.
Below is the list of things you should carry during Nar Phu Valley Trek:
- T-shirts and Pants (Innerwear)
- Thermal Wears
- Breathable Underwears
- Trekking Pants/Shoes/Socks
- Insulating Jacket
- Rain jacket
- Warm woolen Gloves
- Sun hat/woolen hat
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking Pole
- First aid kit
- Toiletries (toilet paper, hand sanitizer, sunblock, towel, soap, shampoo, sanitary napkins, etc)
- Miscellaneous (camera, extra batteries, journal, cards, bars, snacks, water purification tablets, etc)
Food and Accommodation during Nar Phu Valley Trek
On Nar Phu Valley Trek, you can expect to get food like dal bhat tarkari, noodles, momo, sandwich, thukpa, dhido, etc. If you want you can carry extra food and bars with yourself. During the trek, you will stay overnight in the lodge or teahouse. The rooms will be small with a common toilet. However, in Kathmandu and big towns, you will find big rooms with modern amenities and private washrooms.
Best time to go on Nar Phu Valley Trek
Best time to go on Nar Phu Valley Trek is during Spring and Autumn. During this time of the year, the weather is bright and stable. The region also becomes lush and green. Plus, the clear views makes the journey even more joyful.
Nar Phu Valley Trek Cost
Nar Phu Valley Trek cost depends on the itinerary and the travel agency you are traveling with. This trek can be done in a short period or in long. The number of days and facilities you are choosing to have during the trek also determines the cost of the trek. For further information about Nar Phu Valley Trek, feel free to contact us anytime.
- Collect enough information on the weather and temperature
- Get yourself a nice map
- Maintain body hydration- drink plenty of water daily
- Walk slow and safely
- Take out insurance that will cover any emergency evacuation and property loss
- Carry hand cash as there will be no atm on the way
- Pack light
- Do not get obsessed over network and internet; spend time in nature