The Helambu village trek is suitable for those willing to trek near Kathmandu Valley. Helambu is located at a near distance of only thirty kilometres from Kathmandu.
Helambu is a setting of natural beauty like green valleys and rhododendron forests and also a mixture of Hindu and Buddhist (Tibetan) cultures. Hyolmo and Helum are the local people of Helambu. There are several Tamang and Sherpa villages in Helambu. We get a chance to see the typical glimpse of life of Nepalese villages in the villages of Helambu. The hospitality of both Tamang and Sherpa people is heart warming. Sweet apple is the charm of Helambu.
This short nine days trek starts from Sundarijal and ends at Melamchi. The name of the place, Sundarijal was named after Goddess Sundarimai. Sundarijal is just fifteen kilometres away from Kathmandu. Sundarijal is also a part of the Shivapuri National Park.
ItineraryDay 01: Arrival in Kathmandu – 1,300m/4,264 ft
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing & Preparation for the Trek
Day 03: Drive to Sundarijal & trek to Chisapani (2300m/7544 ft): Drive 1 hour, Trek: 4 hours
Day 04: Trek from Chisopani to Kutumsang (2446m/8022ft): 7 hours
Day 05: Trek from Kutumsang to Thadepati (3650m/11972ft): 6 hours
Day 06: Trek to Tarkeghyang (2560m/8397ft): 6 hours
Day 07: Trek to Sermathang (2,610m/8,563ft): 3/4 hr
Day 08: Trek to Malemchi Pul Bazaar: Drive to Kathmandu: 3/4 hrs trek/ 2 hr drive
Day 09: Farewell Friend
- Airport Pick up and Drop
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Private vehicle for Kathmandu sightseeing
- Accommodation in Hotel in Kathmandu (3 star level hotel)
- All permits for trekking (TIMs, Langtang National Park Permit and local tour permits)
- Accommodation in tea house or lodges during the trekking
- 3 Times meal during the trekking
- A professional licensed trekking guide and porter for 11 days
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Official expenses
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu,
- Personal nature expenses like soft drinks, hard drinks etc
- Personal clothing, insurance against accidental, medical and emergency rescue evacuations,
- Travel Insurance
Trip EquipmentFor Head
- Sun hat / Scarf
- Sun glasses
- Head Tourch
- Water Proof Jacket
- Down Jacket
- Light Weight T-shirt
- Water Proof Pants
- Light Weight Pant
- Thin Inner socks
- Woolen socks
- Hiking boots (preferred comfortable boots)
- Trekking and sleeping bags
- Water and camel bottle etc
Please be noted that the price per person is fixed as stated below. We provide group discounts of 10% for booking of two or more than two person. If a group booking of 10 or more than 10 people, then it is subjected to a maximum discount with the availability of free trip for a person. And if your group is much larger, please contact us to negotiate about the discount. By the way, we also provide private and tailor made trip best suited for you.
Note: Start dates are your arrival date in Nepal, whereas, End dates are the returning date from Nepal.
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Status|
Considering our clients' wish, we also provide private trip to them by which they can spend their memorable moments without any disturbance.
Tailor Made Trip
Taking this itinerary as base, you can make your own itinerary. You can add your own activities like Kathmandu Sightseeing, Trishuli River Rafting, Bungee Jumping etc.