The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek will take us to the north of Kanchenjunga base camp. Kanchenjunga is the third highest mountain of the world. The peak stands at an elevation of 8586 meters. The first ascent to Kanchenjunga was made in 1955, May 25 by Joe Brown and George Band.
The Kanchenjunga range comprises of Kanchenjunga Main, Kanchenjunga West, Kanchenjunga Central, Kanchenjunga South and Kangbachen. In Sikkim, Kanchenjunga is treated as a sacred peak.
The trek begins at Suketar and ends at Thorpu. The Kanchenjunga trek is generally considered appropriate for wilderness and adventure. We will also get a chance to closely see the remote areas of Nepal and rural lifestyle of Nepal during the trek. The rich culture of villages that we will pass by during the trek will also amaze us. As the trek takes us to a greater height, there is much possibility of altitude sickness. Therefore, good health conditions and prior trekking experience is recommended if you are planning to trek in the Kanchenjunga region
ItineraryDay 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m /4,264 ft)
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu and preparation for trekking
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Biratnagar (81 m/266 ft)
Day 04: Fly from Biratnagar to Suketar (2,420 m/7,938 ft) or Drive from Phidim (1,179 m/ (3,868 ft) to Suketar
Day 05: Suketar to Mitlung (921 m/3,021 ft) 4-5 hrs
Day 06: Mitlung to Chirwa (1,270 m/4166 ft) 5-6 hrs
Day 07: Chirwa to Sukathum (1,576 m/5,169 ft) 5-6 hrs
Day 08: Sukathum to Amjilosa (2,308 m /7,570 ft) 6-7 hrs
Day 09: Amjilosa to Gyabla (2,730 m /8,954 ft) 6-7 hrs
Day 10: Gyabla to Ghunsa (3,595 m/11,792 ft) 5-6 hrs
Day 11: Acclimatisation day at Ghunsa
Day 12: Ghunsa to Kambachen (4,050 m/13,284 ft) 5-6 hrs
Day 13: Acclimatisation Day at Kambachen
Day 14: Kambachen to Lhonak (4,780 m/15,678 ft) 6-7 hrs
Day 15: Trek to Pangpema/Kanchenjunga North Base Camp (5,388 m/17,673 ft) 6-7 hrs
Day 16: Trek back to Kambachen (4,050 m/13,284 ft) 6-7 hrs
Day 17: Kambachen to Ghunsa (3,595 m/11,792 ft) 3-4 hrs
Day 18: Ghunsa to Sele Le (4,290 m/14,071 ft) 6-7 hrs
Day 19: Sele Le to Cheram (3,870 m/12,694 ft) 6-7 hrs
Day 20: Cheram to Ramche (4,580 m/15,022 ft) and return back to Cheram, 4-5 hrs
Day 21: Cheram to Tortong (2,995 m/9,824 ft) 5-6 hrs
Day 22: Tortong to Yamphudin (2,080 m/6,822 ft) 6-7 hrs
Day 23: Yamphudin to Yangpang (1,007 m/3,304 ft) 6-7 hrs
Day 24: Yangpang to Thorpu (1,500 m/4,290 ft) 5-6 hrs
Day 25: Thorpu to Birtamod (300 m/ 984 ft) 5-6 hrs
Day 26: Drive from Birtamod to Bhadrapur then Fly to Kathmandu
Day 27: Farewell!
- Airport Pick up and drop.
- 3 or 4 star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- All surface transfer as per the itinerary.
- Kathmandu city tour by English Speaking Guide on Private Vehicle.
- All the standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during trekking.
- Safe and ozonated water throughout the trek.
- Tea House Accommodation during trekking.
- Registered and trained Guide.
- Required number of insured Porter (2 trekkers: 1porter)
- Langtang National Park permits.
- All Surface transfer for your guide, porter and necessary cargo.
- Staff insurances.
- Government taxes and official charges. Visa charge not included here.
- Attractive First Aid Kits.
- Farewell Cultural Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Beverages and other hard drinks cost
- Nepal Entry visa fee and airport taxes.
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks etc
- Rescue and emergency cost/ Insurance cost but we will help to carry of the procedure.
- Personal trekking equipments
Trip EquipmentFor Head
- Sun hat / Scarf
- Sun glasses
- Head Tourch
- Water Proof Jacket
- Down Jacket
- Light Weight T-shirt
- Water Proof Pants
- Light Weight Pant
- Thin Inner socks
- Woolen socks
- Hiking boots (preferred comfortable boots)
- Trekking and sleeping bags
- Water and camel bottle etc
Please be noted that the price per person is fixed as stated below. We provide group discounts of 10% for booking of two or more than two person. If a group booking of 10 or more than 10 people, then it is subjected to a maximum discount with the availability of free trip for a person. And if your group is much larger, please contact us to negotiate about the discount. By the way, we also provide private and tailor made trip best suited for you.
Note: Start dates are your arrival date in Nepal, whereas, End dates are the returning date from Nepal.
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Status|
Considering our clients' wish, we also provide private trip to them by which they can spend their memorable moments without any disturbance.
Tailor Made Trip
Taking this itinerary as base, you can make your own itinerary. You can add your own activities like Kathmandu Sightseeing, Trishuli River Rafting, Bungee Jumping etc.