Kathmandu Pokhara Tour is a blend of Kathmandu sightseeing and Pokhara visit. Kathmandu, the capital city, is the only metropolitan city of Nepal. Kathmandu is now a densely populated and a time-poor city. However, the culturally and historically important places of the city remain intact. The setting of Kathmandu is comprised of numerous temples, palaces, museums, commercial and non-commercial places, hotels and restaurants. In Kathmandu, we will walk around the major places of the city viz. Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath and Pashupatinath.
The Kathmandu Durbar Square is one among the three royal cities of Nepal. It is also known as Hanuman Dhoka Durbar Square. The Swayambhunath Stupa, Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath Temple are major religious places of Kathmandu. They relate to Buddhism and Hinduism. Pilgrims from neighboring countries also come here to visit these places.
Patan and Bhaktapur are parts of the Kathmandu Valley. The Patan Durbar Square and Bhaktapur Durbar Square are other two royal cities of Nepal. Both the places are famous for the wood carving, stone carving, architecture of the temples and palaces situated there. Numerous Buddhist and Hindu temples that were constructed centuries back still exist in these places.
Nagarkot is another tourist destination in Nepal. The view of snow-capped peaks especially the Lantang range is wonderfully seen from Nagarkot. The Nagarkot Tower is usually crowded during sunrise and sunset.
Pokhara is the city of lakes. Pokhara has always been known for its natural beauty. The closely seen Himalayas and pure lakes, rivers and gorges are the identity of Pokhara. The major attractions of Pokhara are Phewa Lake, Rupa Taal (lake), Begnas Taal, Mt. Machhapuchhare, David’s Fall, Seti river and the Lake side restaurants.
ItineraryDay 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple, Swayambhunath and Bauddhanath
Day 03: Sightseeing in Patan and Bhaktapur and Sunrise or Sunset views from Nagarkot
Day 04: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara: 213km, 6-7 hours
Day 05: Sightseeing in Pokhara (Fewa Lake, Bindavasini Temple, David Falls, Gupteshwar Mahadev, Tibetan Refugee Camp )
Day 06: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 07: Final departure
- Pick up from and drop off at the hotel and the airport on a private vehicle.
- Twin sharing accommodation in a two or three star hotel in Kathmandu (2 nights) and Pokhara (2 nights); Breakfast included.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu in a typical Nepali restaurant with cultural dance performance in the evening before departure.
- All Ground Transportation by Private Tourist Vehicle.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu and Pokhara on a private vehicle.
- Licensed English-speaking guide.
- The required number of ground staff during the tour.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for our field staff.
- Entry permits and fees for all temples, parks, monasteries, and cultural and historical sites.
- All government taxes, VAT, Tourist Service charges and official expenses.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Your travel insurance.
- Nepal entry visa – you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 15 days can be obtained by paying US $ 25 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days and 90 days can be obtained by paying US $40 and $ 100 respectively. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara – about USD 15 to USD 20 per person per day.
- All Items of Personal nature like drink, Laundry etc
- Tips for tour staff and driver. (Tipping is expected)
- Others expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
Please be noted that the price per person is fixed as stated below. We provide group discounts of 10% for booking of two or more than two person. If a group booking of 10 or more than 10 people, then it is subjected to a maximum discount with the availability of free trip for a person. And if your group is much larger, please contact us to negotiate about the discount. By the way, we also provide private and tailor made trip best suited for you.
Note: Start dates are your arrival date in Nepal, whereas, End dates are the returning date from Nepal.
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Status|
Considering our clients' wish, we also provide private trip to them by which they can spend their memorable moments without any disturbance.
Tailor Made Trip
Taking this itinerary as base, you can make your own itinerary. You can add your own activities like Kathmandu Sightseeing, Trishuli River Rafting, Bungee Jumping etc.