Lying At the edge of one of the most secluded Himalayan valleys in the central-western Nepal Himalaya’s Kali Gandaki valley 40 miles east of Annapurna, Manaslu is world’s eighth highest mountain. Manaslu offers an alternative to Cho Oyu for those who want to climb a more varied and challenging 8,000er. The Manaslu’s long ridges and valley glaciers provide feasible approaches from all directions culminating in a peak that towers steeply above its surrounding landscape. At least six different routes to Manaslu exist today of which the south face is the toughest in climbing history. The first attempt to Manaslu was made in 1953 by a Japanese team from the Budhi Gandaki Valley, however, the first ascent was made only in 1956. The Japanese take pride in their adventures in Manaslu the same way the British do over Everest. In fact, all the three peaks of Manaslu expedition were first summitted by the Japanese.
Manaslu offers itself as the best alternative to Cho Oyu in the autumn season. It is even seen by some mountaineers as a better training mountain for Everest than Cho Oyu. The climbing route follows a relatively straightforward line to the summit, which has few technical sections. Normally, four camps are set up during Manaslu climbing. A few stretches of steep climbing and crevasses from Camp I to Camp II. Slippery snow climbing required from Camp II to Camp III. Possibility of avalanches from Camp III to Camp IV.
ItineraryDay 01: Arrive Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 02: Preparing Manaslu expedition hotel
Day 03: Briefing in tourism department hotel
Day 04: Drive Arughat & Soti khola camping
Day 05: Soti Khola – Machhakhola camping
Day 06: Trek Machhakhola – Jagat camping
Day 07: Trek Jagat to Dang village camping
Day 08: Trek Dang to Ghap village camping
Day 09: Trek Ghap to Low village camping
Day 10: Low village to Sama Goan camping
Day 11: Sama village –acclimatizing camping
Day 12: Sama-Manaslu base camp camping
Day 13 – 38: Climbing Manaslu 8163m.
Day 39: Base camp to Sama village camping
Day 40: Trek Sama to Namrung village camping
Day 41: Trek Namrung to Philim village camping
Day 42: Trek Philim to Machha Khola camping
Day 43: Trek Machha Khola-Soti Khola camping
Day 44: Drive to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel hotel
Day 45: Transfer hotel to airport final departure
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Go For Nepal’s representative while arriving and departing.
- Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu and Pokhara on B/B basis.
- All camping equipment in Base camp and Advance Base Camp.
- Food during expedition period for expedition Members and Staff.
- Permit for expedition crew.
- Expedition Permit to climb Manaslu.
- All staff during Expedition period with experienced Guide (Base Camp Manager).
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- Cargo clearance & Duties Assistance Service free.
- Daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance for expedition Staff.
- Gamow Bag will be available for expedition group.
- Solar panel for light and batteries charger will be available for expedition members.
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the MBC.
- 2 Oxygen Bottles with mask and regulators.
- We provide Sherpa’s tents, food for climbing, and insurance.
- High altitude food for Sherpa and member.
- All Necessary camping equipment like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents,
- Per person 30 kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter and 20 kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the Mountain.
- Required Experienced, Trained and Government Licensed Climbing Guide(s) during Climbing
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary).
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Our service Charges.
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner).
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears.
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival) and re entry visa fee.
- Ice fall Garbage Deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies & Filming permit.
- Personal climbing gears.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” Section.
Please be noted that the price per person is fixed as stated below. We provide group discounts of 15% for booking of two or more than two person. If a group booking of 10 or more than 10 people, then it is subjected to a maximum discount with the availability of free trip for a person. And if your group is much larger, please contact us to negotiate about the discount. By the way, we also provide private and tailor made trip best suited for you.
Note: Start dates are your arrival date in Nepal, whereas, End dates are the returning date from Nepal.
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Status|
Considering our clients' wish, we also provide private trip to them by which they can spend their memorable moments without any disturbance.
Tailor Made Trip
Taking this itinerary as base, you can make your own itinerary. You can add your own activities like Kathmandu Sightseeing, Trishuli River Rafting, Bungee Jumping etc.