Thorong peak (6144m) is the nice snow mountain on the left, just to the south of the Thorong La, seen just past the Gya La (3970m) between Tetang and . The trail from Tetang descends from the Gya La (3970m) and eventually joins the main trail from Manang to Ranipauwa. Muktinath is visible in the lower right. This trekking rout is mostly deliberate for them who adore enjoying the flora and fauna of panoramic views of Annapurna Himalayan range. This route takes you to the most stunning mountain landscape, delightful settlement of Gurungs and other communities their slate roofed houses, where you can discover the unbelievable rhododendron forests will gives you different smile. The highest point of this Trekking is Thorong La pass 5416m. There are no detailed maps obtainable about this area of Nepal. The maps you can buy contain south of the pass only a mountain call Khatung Kang (6488 m). But this is not the mountain you can see and climb from Thorong La, but the one behind it. Because of that these mountains often are mixed up.
Thorong peak is left above from on the way to most well-known Thorong la pass (5416m.) thousand of trekkers very years through this pass. Climbing Thorong peak spectacular but demanding trekking peak one should need a permit and skilled climbing guide and should go through the register trekking agency in Nepal. It is true that the earlier knowledge is necessary to climbing this peak. However, you must be set spiritually as well as healthy for this risky climbing. This trail takes you to the most spectacular mountain scenery, charming settlement of Gurungs and other community their slate covered houses, where you can explore the incredible rhododendron (national flower of Nepal) jungle will gives you diverse smile. This mountain is the shortest opportunity to gain a 6000 meters peak while doing the well-known Annapurna circuit trekking. From this passes it is first mountain to the south. The highest point of this trek is Thorong La pass 5416m. There are no full maps available about this area of Nepal. The top of this peak offers grand views of Nilgiri peak, Tilicho peak, Dhaulagiri range, Annapurna range, spectacular scenery of Mustang region which is special trekking area with the of Kali Gandaki valley. This valley is well-known route to upper mustang.
ItineraryDay01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Tribhunvan international airport, you will be transfer to hotel.
Day02: After breakfast, 2/3 hours sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley that includes Buddhanath, Pashupatinath, Patan Durbar Square and Swambhnath Stupa with professional tour guide. You will have meeting with trekking guide, who will support you for trekking preparation.
Day03: Drive from Kathmandu to Bhulbhule (located at 840m /6-7hours driving) by tourist bus and stay overnight at tea house.
Day04: Trek from Bhulbhule to Jagat (located at 1300m/5-6hours) and stay overnight at tea house.
Day05: Trek from Jagat to Dharapani (located at 1860m/5-6hours) and stay overnight at tea house.
Day06: Trek from Dharapani to Chame (located at 2670m/5-6hours) and stay overnight at tea house.
Day07: Trek from Chame to Lower Pisang (located at t3200m/5-6hours) and stay overnight at Tea House.
Day08: Trek from lower Pisang to Manang village (located at 3540m/5-6hours) and stay overnight at tea house.
Day09: Acclimatization day and exploring village, lakes and stay overnight at tea house.
Day10: Trek from Manang village to Yak Kharka (located at 4020m/4-5hours) and stay overnight at tea house.
Day11: Trek from Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi (located at 4450m/6-7hours) and stay overnight at tea house.
Day12: Trek from Thorong Phedi to Thorong La (located at 5416m/5-6hours) and stay overnight at tented camp.
Day13: Preparation day for Climbing and stay overnight at tented camp.
Day14: Summit to Thorong Peak located at 6145m and back to Muktinath at altitude of 3760m.Finally, night at tea house.
Day15: Extra day for climbing due to bad weather or AMS and stay overnight at tea house.
Day16: Trek from Muktinath to Kagbeni (situated at 2800m/4-5hours) and stay overnight at tea house.
Day17: Trek from Kagbeni to Jomsom (situated at 2720m/5-6hours) via Lubra Village and stay overnight at tea house.
Day18: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara 820m/40minutes and transfer to hotel.
Day19: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by A/C tourist bus and transfer to hotel.
Day20: Free day for Shopping in Kathmandu and stay overnight at hotel.
Day21: Final departure to international airport.
- Airport pickups and drops
- Accommodation in 3 star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Climbing peak permit & other necessary permits (Annapurna Conservation Area Permit, TIMS and Climbing Permit),
- A professional English speaking trained trekking guide and a climbing guide
- Climbing bonus for Sherpa climbers,
- Daily wages, insurance, cloth, food, shelter of staffs and porters,
- Tea House accommodation during the trek
- Tent/camping accommodation during the climb
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during trek and climb,
- Complete camping equipment & all common climbing equipment: snow-bar, ice-screw, ropes, snow shovel,
- Transport of all food supply & equipment from the trip starting point to the ending point as per itinerary,
- Down Jacket and Sleeping bag (should be returned after completion of the trip)
- Trekking bag or duffel bag to keep your things
- Good quality tents and kitchen equipment for camping
- Farwell dinner
- First Aid Medical Kit box
- Trekking Map
- Rescue arrangement only (must cover by your travel and rescue insurance)
- All local and governmental taxes
- International air fare
- City sights entrance fees.
- Bar bills & personal expenses.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel Insurance
- Emergency rescue charges if necessary.
- Extra shower, battery re-charge fee, snacks, etc.
- Personal clothing & gears.
- Tips to guide and porter.
- Cost raised by cancellation, landslide, weather, political unrest, illness which are not under our control.
Please be noted that the price per person is fixed as stated below. We provide group discounts of 10% for booking of two or more than two person. If a group booking of 10 or more than 10 people, then it is subjected to a maximum discount with the availability of free trip for a person. And if your group is much larger, please contact us to negotiate about the discount. By the way, we also provide private and tailor made trip best suited for you.
Note: Start dates are your arrival date in Nepal, whereas, End dates are the returning date from Nepal.
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Status|
Considering our clients' wish, we also provide private trip to them by which they can spend their memorable moments without any disturbance.
Tailor Made Trip
Taking this itinerary as base, you can make your own itinerary. You can add your own activities like Kathmandu Sightseeing, Trishuli River Rafting, Bungee Jumping etc.