Tsum Valley is a Himalayan pilgrimage valley that lies in the North of Gorkha District. The snow-capped Ganesh Himal, Buddha, Himal Chuli and Sringi Himal surround the Tsum valley. The name Tsum was derived from a Tibetan word ‘Tsombo’. Tsombo means vivid in Tibetan language. Until 2008, Tsum valley was a restricted area. The valley was opened in 2008 for trekking. The residents of Tsum valley are named Tsumbas. The Tsumbas are from Tibetan origin and have much faith in Buddhism. A Buddhist saint Milarewa is believed to have meditated in a cave of Tsum valley in the 11th century. The cave is now called Milarewa Cave. So, the valley is itself believed to be a scared one with long Buddhist history. Chumchet and Chhekampar are the two villages of the Tsum valley. Chhekampar is the upper part of Tsum valley whereas Chumchet is the lower part of Tsum valley. Even today, we can clearly see that the valley is much detached from rest of the country and is compelled to maintain distance from any kind of development. Go For Nepal will assist you in the 21days trek to Tsum valley.
ItineraryDay 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / airport transportation / hotel accommodation
Day 02: Cultural tour in KTM / TSUM valley trek briefing
Day 03: Private vehicle drive to Arughat to start the Tsum valley trekking / stay at tented camp
Day 04: Trek to Soti Khola
Day 05: Trekking to Maccha Kola
Day 06: Trek to Doban
Day 07: Trek to Philim
Day 08: Trek to Chumling
Day 09: Trek to Chhokengparo
Day 10: Trek to Chule / visit the MILARAPA PIREN CAVE on the way
Day 11: Trek to MU GOMPA & visit MU & DHEPHYDONMA GOMPAS
Day 12: Exploration day
Day 13: Trek to ROCHEN GOMPA visiting GONHGYE GOMPA on the way
Day 14: Trek to Dumje
Day 15: Trek to Philip
Day 16: Trek to Tatopani
Day 17: Trek to Soti Khola
Day 18: Trek back to Aarughat
Day 19: Drive back to Kathmandu / stay at hotel
Day 20: Rest day in Kathmandu
Day 21: Tsum valley trekking ends / airport transfer
- Completely camping trekking with full board i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and camping equipments and Kitchen equipments
- Mattress, Toilet tent, shower, Dinning tent, dining tables, chairs etc.
- All entrance fees
- All necessary transportations
- Airport pick up/drops on private vehicles
- First aid kits
- All government taxes and official charges.
- Kathmandu valley Guided city tour
- 4 nights 3 or 4 stars hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Guide, Assistant Guide, Cook, assistant cook and Porters
- Accidental and medical Insurance of Nepalese staffs
- Road transport/ one way flight as well.
- Personal equipment such as sleeping bags/ jackets (if you do not have we can arrange within US $1.00/day for two items).
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu
- Rescue/ emergence and insurance cost
- Beverage and hard drinks and alcohol
- Nepal entry visa fee and airport tax during the departure.
- Personal equipments and personal expenses.
- Tips (usually people can keep US $2/day in total for tips and donation which is good amount)
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides etc the extra charge should be born by themselves.
Please be noted that the price per person is fixed as stated below. We provide group discounts of 10% for booking of 3 or more than 3 persons. If a group booking of 10 or more than 10 people, then it is subjected to a maximum discount with the availability of free trip for a person. And if your group is much larger, please contact us to negotiate about the discount. By the way, we also provide private and tailor made trip best suited for you.
Note: Start dates are your arrival date in Nepal, whereas, End dates are the returning date from Nepal.
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Status|
Considering our clients' wish, we also provide private trip to them by which they can spend their memorable moments without any disturbance.
Tailor Made Trip
Taking this itinerary as base, you can make your own itinerary. You can add your own activities like Kathmandu Sightseeing, Trishuli River Rafting, Bungee Jumping etc.